Anything, please.

Scoop

The season is six weeks away and there is hardly anything being posted about the team, workouts, etc. How about some info? Why so quiet?

I was flipping through a mag at the food mart. It had the bills picked to finish 6th and not make any post season tournies.

I think it was Anthom. Stephan Hannah was on the cover. I sure hope the bills do better than that.

The season is six weeks away and there is hardly anything being posted about the team, workouts, etc. How about some info? Why so quiet?

I've been posting here for over 7 years, and never seen the board this quiet before. I think it's because RM got his five recruits to verbal so early is the primary cause. Even under Romar, we just never got many early verbals. So we were still on pins and needles when it came to recruiting and there were a lot of rumors and half truths to discuss. Also, some of the guys Romar and Soderberg pulled out of their hats were relative unknowns. So of course they were discussed a lot. But you are right, Scoop, the lack of WP scrimmage information is down as well. I don't get it either except to say some of our past frequent posters don't say much anymore.

I was flipping through a mag at the food mart. It had the bills picked to finish 6th and not make any post season tournies.

I think it was Anthom. Stephan Hannah was on the cover. I sure hope the bills do better than that.

It was Athalon. I skimmed through the same book at the Piggly Wiggly. Although, Hansborough was on the cover here.

It was Athalon. I skimmed through the same book at the Piggly Wiggly. Although, Hansborough was on the cover here.

Is it okay to start a thread bashing Hansborough. I hate him and all th NC/Poplar Bluff hicks who came into town last year.

Those fans had to be the worst to ver come to the Lou. I would share the story about how my buddy almost got in a fight at the game, but the language would get me banned4life.

Is it okay to start a thread bashing Hansborough. I hate him and all th NC/Poplar Bluff hicks who came into town last year.

Those fans had to be the worst to ver come to the Lou. I would share the story about how my buddy almost got in a fight at the game, but the language would get me banned4life.

if you want to hate on a few fans that are guilty of not being billiken fans that is one thing, but what did hansborough ever do to deserve that hate? imo, hansborough is the model of a hard working kid that isnt about the headlines and willing to do the dirty work for his team to win. i would love to have hansborough on my team anytime.

if you want to hate on a few fans that are guilty of not being billiken fans that is one thing, but what did hansborough ever do to deserve that hate? imo, hansborough is the model of a hard working kid that isnt about the headlines and willing to do the dirty work for his team to win. i would love to have hansborough on my team anytime.

He is a goon who couldn't get into a good school like duke and turned his back on MU and SLU. Ian also outplayed him.

I don't mind when fans are not billiken fans. I just hate annoying rednecks who talk with a twang. MO ST had a bunch of fans here last year. They were fine.

He is a goon who couldn't get into a good school like duke and turned his back on MU and SLU. Ian also outplayed him.

I don't mind when fans are not billiken fans. I just hate annoying rednecks who talk with a twang. MO ST had a bunch of fans here last year. They were fine.

you have proof he couldnt get into duke? i would think if he could get into unc he could get into any division one school.

ian outplayed him for 15 minutes. unfortunately a game is 40 minutes and ian disappeared in the second half.

again i have no problem with the fan hating part. i dont care for non billiken fans that are clueless about our billikens as well. i would have joined you in your battle with the twangers.

you have proof he couldnt get into duke? i would think if he could get into unc he could get into any division one school.

ian outplayed him for 15 minutes. unfortunately a game is 40 minutes and ian disappeared in the second half.

again i have no problem with the fan hating part. i dont care for non billiken fans that are clueless about our billikens as well. i would have joined you in your battle with the twangers.

I can't refute his work ethic and his skills, but from what I've heard, Hansbrough is kind of a dunce, and given the fact that his dad is a doctor, a complete mongo in comparison. I mean I'm sure he was raised up real good and all, and he's a beast on the court, but there's no way I'd stand for my kid to be dumber than me unless he had a mental handicap. For some reason I have it in my head that Hansbrough got a 15 on his ACT or something along those lines. My kid will have a weight bench in his crib with Muzzy speaks Genius® playing on a flat screen suspended from the ceiling above it. We raise Renaissance Men around here, not Spartan rebounding machines who can't technically score in double digits because they can't count that high.

Roy there is no way Hansborough would have got in to Duke. In fact under the old Prop 48 rules he wouldn't have been eligble as a freshman at UNC. The new sliding scale saved his ass.

Roy there is no way Hansborough would have got in to Duke. In fact under the old Prop 48 rules he wouldn't have been eligble as a freshman at UNC. The new sliding scale saved his ass.

i dont believe that duke has higher academic standards than the minimum ncaa standards for their athletes. i.e. if he got into unc, with the sliding scale to play basketball, he would have gotten into duke with the sliding scale to play at duke.

It's about to get quieter because Steve said we couldn't be mean to anyone any more. Imo not allowing us to be mean .... is mean. It's not fair.

It's about to get quieter because Steve said we couldn't be mean to anyone any more. Imo not allowing us to be mean .... is mean. It's not fair.

I used to agree with you, but a five day suspension changed my mind. I love all of you, because you support billiken basket ball and other athletics. I love roy the most because he is the biggest billiken supporter and athletic supporter. Steve runs a great board and service. We should all thank him and not abuse his board.

Steve, how about an update on GW. What can we expect from them. Maybe, we can have a nice debate on GW VS SLU.

I used to agree with you, but a five day suspension changed my mind. I love all of you, because you support billiken basket ball and other athletics. I love roy the most because he is the biggest billiken supporter and athletic supporter. Steve runs a great board and service. We should all thank him and not abuse his board.

Steve, how about an update on GW. What can we expect from them. Maybe, we can have a nice debate on GW VS SLU.

are you calling Roy a Jock Strap? See... that right there is what Steve is talking about.

are you calling Roy a Jock Strap? See... that right there is what Steve is talking about.

It must be nice to be able to talk like that. I can't even stir up some boxing talk without getting in trouble. I guess I should have started a soccer thread. Oh well, what can you do. It is Steve's board, so we must play by his rules. Maybe I should start Billikens OT board so we can bash eachother, talk religion, politics and boxing without causing Steve headaches.