Levick leaving

Cheryl has done a great deal for this program overall and I wish her success in her future endeavors.

I just hope that Mark Wright does not get the position of AD. He does not have the polish to be a Head AD. In my opinion, he also does not have respect for the University traditions that he should have. His only concern is the $$$$ and not the people.

1slufan said, "His only concern is the $$$$ and not the people."

in defense of mark, that has been his job. if slu boosters would have been stepping up all along, there would have been no need for his increased pressure to give voluntarily or not.

Roy is right in that Mark has the job of raising the money and he needed to be forceful to get the job done. But I agree that he seems to be looking almostly exclusively forward--thus the reason for the 8 ticket maximum (in an earlier draft the max was 6!). He has a tough job!

billikan, i think the 8 tix max was something created to try to smoke out the hangeron seat holders. while your group might have been one where everyone gave their share and you got the benefits priority wise of that extra giving, you can bet a lot of the ticket cartels did not do that and the gift money was no where to be found. i have heard stories of 20 - 50 seat partnerships. all located currently along the sides. even if you assume the red level, that is a lot of gift money that will now be coming in that previously was not.

you are right. mark has a tough job....to change the mindset of the billiken fan base.

A friend of mine, part of a 6 person group, was told by the Athletic Department (believe it was Wright) last year that their group should renew their tickets for the new arena like always. Then, after getting into the new arena, each of the 5 "silent" ticket owners could then keep their seat, put the seat in their own name but would have no points from prior years. Sounds like these 5 would only be negatively impacted if SLU redid seating every 3 years. Any insights?

there is no way if a group pools together which is what is being done in vrtually every group over 8 and most over 6, that the priority isn't much higher than it would be had they given seperately.

Put you, me, and one other 10 or more year season ticket holder together and our priority would be much greater than it now is individually.

Now at least each seat has a required Billken Club membership so each person who wasn't giving now has to. They also have to make a decision to lose the tax bene or move back to the seats they deserve. If those people really have been giving to the Bill Club, the main person should be allowed to report to the Billiken Club how much each has given and the priority be reworked. The main person would then lose all the points they had aquired based upon someone else's giving and the actual giver could have those points and every one of them would have a lesser priority.

If you have 5 groups of 2 and each gets season tickets and gives $300.00 to the Billiken Club all together you look like one big booster and you aquire a lot of points when in fact you are actually 5 small boosters who should each have points based upon 2 season tickets and your $300.00 gift. Since you pooled together though, you each have points based upon 10 season tickts and a $1500.00 gift you didn't give ... boosting you to the top of the points list. It is wrong, it has been wrong and I hope the one that have been doing it get srewed a bit to even out the unfair advantage you have had in the past.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

SLU tix prices have been very reasonable and had no donation required attached to it - I am sure that was what he meant. Whoever told your friend - I doubt it was Mark Wright given what I have been told - is wrong. If you try to transfer the tix to their individual name, then they would go to the end of the line the next year to buy tix. If SLU was going to let people keep their good seats this way then they would loose all creditability.

My friend is adament in his statement. I pressed him exactly on this issue. Possibly, things have changed between last year and now. Certainly, the new AD will have input and more changes and interpretations.

As for credibility, you're assuming SLU's AD has ever had credibility to start with.

Skip. At a certain point, such as 8, I agree with you on pooling. At the same time, keep in mind that these tickets are to a college basketball game where it is, and should be, common to sit with old classmates, friends and family. To really be fair, when not limit everyone to only 2 seats?

IMO "large" (more than 8) numbers of people all pooling on 1 guy's name is not right - but is allowed and, some could argue, encouraged under the existing rules. SLU's policies, all these years, have not been strict because fans have not been selling out the buildings.

Hofefully, things will change under RM, but the secondary market for Billiken tickets - even those given away for free - is minimal. This isn't the Cardinals, Rams or even the Blues. Large sections of St. Louis have zero interest in the Billikens. Why punish fans who are actually successful in finding a few fellow Billikens fans to sit with?

On a personal level, I sit with my wife, Mom and Dad. Should our group of 4 be split up to promote overall fairness? Are there any circumstances, under the plan as you believe it should be, where 2 couples (1 with high points and the other with low points) could sit together and enjoy a ballgame without the high point couple having to give up their seats to sit with their friends much higher up?

in your example ... that would be fine if the seats were open, but they shouldn't get to pass up people because they know someone. I would bet that if you were wanting better seats but couldn't move up due to your points and I brought in a couple that had less points than you to sit next to me and it was allowed ... you wouldn't be to happy.

Your case all family and only 4 is a lot different than what has been going on. You guys will now have to make a decission though, either keep them in one name and lose the tax deduction or split up.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I don't mean to disagree with your friend, but I've had discussions with Mark Wright for well over a year. The only change over that period of time was the amount of donation required for the different seat locations. (they went up after RM was hired)

He has remained very consistent in our numerous discussions on the manner that the seat allocation will occur. He also has always said the limit on seats would be 8.

Now that the plan has been published, I would doubt if there are any changes made to it. A new AD is not going to have any ability to change the plan.