Billy Donovan

I like your idea in the other thread about Tyus backing out of Florida. If he does, maybe big Rick can get in his ear.

Also, who will Florida get to replace Billy D? Thoughts?

Tyus has the big time highlight game and wanted to take his game to a big time program. Maybe now that Donovan is gone and since his recruitment we have added a big name coach; he may reconsider. I would say the chances are slim, but just the thought of Tyus playing for the Billikens excites me.

I was also wondering who his replacement will be. I mean we were talking about how late in the game SLU was when we fired Soderberg and this is a month later.

I said I would be interested to see who they will get this late in the game not that I would be surprised if they land a quality head coach. I was not trying to make any comparison other than the fact that it is the end of May and they will be searching for a head coach. But not too long ago Florida was far from a college basketball power.

Maybe somebody like Steve Lavin, if he got a nice offer. But he has a great gig with ESPN, not to mention he's actually one of the best guys that network has.

a lot of current coaches would jump at the opportunity to roll into a system like florida already set up. florida will have no problem finding a pretty big name coach imo.

I think everyone involved thinks this change was absolutely fantastic for Billiken basketball. You make it sound like we had to settle for some assistant coach--(my fear all along!) If we had to start over with an assistant then I would say we would have to recover.

I agree he isn't the big name you would expect but this late they may have trouble gettig someone to move. I thik Calipari would be a "big name" that might be interested. I can't believe he can be happy being stuck in the CUSA.

Pelphrey who just went to Arkansas could have been a name being thrown around but I don't think he would leave Arkansas right now. For Frank Broyles(sp) peace of mind, let's hope that doesn't happen. He is suppose to retire in December I believe.

Great point. That was their weakness too, as they were rotating the freshman at that spot, because they didnt play Jeremy Hunt their because he got kicked off the team the year before. 6'6 sg Antonio Anderson led the team in assists most of the season as a result his scoring didnt improve from his freshman season to sophomore season and he was passed up by Douglas-Roberts, who was his backup their freshman year. Rose should allow Anderson to flourish and help send Roberts to the NBA. I really like Dozier, he'll only be a junior. He's athletic like most Memphis bigs, but he can also step out and knock down shots, even hit some threes.