Gateway B-ball question

Any Gateway BB Club insiders on the site? I was just trying to confirm whether or not Anthony Booker will be playing this weekend at the Adidas May Classic in Bloomington, IN this weekend.

I'm pretty sure they don't have a website.

Thanks for any info anyone may have.

Do you think Booker will play any sf in college. I know his primary position would be pf, but when he gets on campus Falker and Shaw will have graduated but the team will still have Tony Boyle who will be a senior with Carlton Fay and Nick Evans as sophomores. He would be the 4th big. Any chance he could play some SF to see the floor sooner, because Lowery usually doesnt use a deep rotation and even if he did the 4th big guy wouldn't play that much.

I doubt Booker will play much 3 at SIU. Lowery's system usually consists of 3 true guards and two big men.

I think Booker should and will take a redshirt year to bulk up and work on his perimeter skills. By then, who knows, maybe his skills will allow him to play the 3 position.

He definitely has the skills to play the 3 for periods at a time, but I could see him as a Matt Shaw type pf if he bulks up because he can shoot the 3 like Matt. And yes I know SIU goes with 3 guards. I still remember when Young was a bench player and Brooks, Hairston and Tatum were the starting guards. It was 3 guards when Turner was their too. Then again, when has SIU had 6'8 kid that could really play the wing though?

>About the rumblings that Torres Roundtree is reconsidering

>his verbal to SIU?

I have not heard any of these rumblings, where are they coming from??

Either way, I have faith in Lowery's recruiting skills and his ability to fend off other schools. He had to do it with Carlton Fay the entire time he was a verbal commit. I'm sure he will have to do it with newest commit, Kevin Dillard as well.

I don't think Roundtree commited early because he wasn't getting looks from the big boys, he commited because he wants to play for Lowery.

I give some of the SIU and Valley fans a hard time on here when they come and just flame, but I really think the best thing is to have strong programs all around the area. Look forward to SIU making the trip up here this year, maybe we can return the favor of injury one of your star players and end up screwing up your whole season. Just kidding.

i agree with siusalukis. roundtree has made his choice and it was obviously based on lowery bowling him over. no other reason for him to commit that early. for us to fantasize it was some deep rooted hatred of soderberg and now that soderberg is gone he is going to come back is crazy. if it was a hatred for soderberg, he wouldnt have committed anywhere yet.

>i agree with siusalukis. roundtree has made his choice and

>it was obviously based on lowery bowling him over. no other

>reason for him to commit that early. for us to fantasize it

>was some deep rooted hatred of soderberg and now that

>soderberg is gone he is going to come back is crazy. if it

>was a hatred for soderberg, he wouldnt have committed

>anywhere yet.

just curious, if Roundtree were to be in contact with Majerus and he were to decommit to SIU and end up at SLU would that make Majerus scum like Sampson in the Eric Gordon situation, or is it ok since it benefits us?

He didn't break one rule when it came to Gordon. Give him a hard time for the phone call violations, but with Gordon he did not break one rule and did what IU hired him to do. He got the top player in the state to go to IU.

>He didn't break one rule when it came to Gordon. Give him a

>hard time for the phone call violations, but with Gordon he

>did not break one rule and did what IU hired him to do. He

>got the top player in the state to go to IU.

He didn't break any rules that are written on paper. I think he really hurt himself with his peers on the coaching circuit. Sooner or later, it will come back to haunt him.

It is worthless and the height of hypocrisy. It is not some Jedi code. It is all about making their job easier. Well the people who pay them don't give a rat's a$$ about that. IU is paying Sampson to get Eric Gordon, not to make his and Bruce Weber's job easier. None of that honor ##### matters to them when it comes to going to another job. It will never come back to bite Sampson, because he has been successful everywhere he has been and the whole code is BS anyway. People want to work with successful people. Sampson has overcame more in his life and knows more about honor than any of those idiots preaching about the great sin he committed getting Eric Gordon. This whole thing with Sampson is the worst kind of BS. It is the kind when people get on their high horse and preach about what someone else did to make an issue out of a non-issue because it makes them feel superior.

if it becomes known that majerus totally engaged the situation prior to lowery having knowledge like sampson did to weber, than i would say yes. if majerus tells roundtree to formally announce he is taking back his verbal commit and opening his recruitment again, then that is different.

brian while it is true he did not formally break any rules that we are aware of he indeed did backdoor the play. you can bet that his fellow coaches didnt appreciate it and will now go out of their way to play by sampson rules against him now as well. sure he got his man, but he undoubtedly made his future life tougher.

i hope majerus doesnt play by sampson rules.

He didn't make coaching at IU any tougher. If anything he bought himself time by landing Gordon, because losing kids like Gordon played a big role in Davis losing his job. This whole coaches code thing is BS. Most of these guys would push their mother out of the way if it would mean beating the other guy to a recruit. The NCAA specifically has rules set up for when a kid can make a binding committment. These rules are set-up for the kid's benefit not the coach's. It is one of the few rules in the NCAA rule book that benifits the kid.