Moser got some really good players to commit to Illinois St. Dentmon committed to go there, but his grades weren't good enough and after he went the prep school route, Lorenzo snatched him up. He's started at Washington from day 1.

Gordon was newcomer of the year in the valley if I remember correctly.

Dodie Dunson from Bloomington H.S. (who I saw break his hand on the rim in an AAU game after he dunked over Brandon Rush of Kansas), who is now at Iowa State also committed to attend Illinois St. Much in the same manner as Dentmon, he too decided to go elsewhere after a year of prep school.

In the country yes, in the area, probably not. 6'6, athletic, can shoot, well coached by Floyd Irons and now once again with the Eagles after playing a summer with Gameface as most Vashon players do. He will average more points than Jesse Perry next year and would've done so this year, had he not been ruled ineligible for transferring after 3 games.

RM during an interview with Rammer and Bob F said that he wants to recruit St. Louis first then the area around StL and then MO and IL. Funny he did not mention nationally but maybe he was just playing to the crowd. He did say that at Utah he no base for recruiting locally since there were not many top players available so he had to nationally but in StL he expects that to be different.

Vtime, maybe you didn't read my previous post abot the matter, but two of the three juco AAs he got at ISU could never transfer to SLU. Majerus could get ten extra tutors, but it will not help a student who doesn't have an associates degree that directly transfers into a SLU degree program. The student will need both an AA degree AND 60 hours of directly transferable credit hours into the degree program of choice at SLU.

I would wager the "extra tutors" smokescreen is actually a general studies program that allows any AA degree to transfer into that program, thus allowing PE, Sports Management, and Coaching AAs to slide into a SLU program degree. Just my take YMMV.

The added tutors will still not nullify the student's need to actually do their own tests, papers, assignments in a real degree program. It isn't easy to do SLU.

It isn't easy to your tests, papers, and assignments in a real degree program anywhere. You think my classes at Harris-Stowe aren't hard. You dont think there are teachers that have an inferiority complex towards SLU and give unnecessarily hard work to prove they are on par, if not better than SLU. We have highly decorated professors, just like SLU does. Some classes aren't that hard, but it depends on the effort you put forth.

Because althought SLU is known for its academics doesn't make the work any more difficult, probably just more demanding and time consuming. That doesnt mean you have to be smarter, just work harder. What it has to do with his point is assuming that because they went to Junior college, they cant handle SLU's workload. if they dont have the major, that's one story, but assuming they cant handle the work is another. Did he look in their profiles and see what they were majoring in?