Rebirth of the Bills

Big Al 1

As a long time season ticket holder and Billiken Club memberI am excited about the coaching change...I thought it could have been handled better and I feel sorry for Brad...However he had his chance so I am looking forward to program growth with greater resources placed on B-Ball and other sports...I am looking forward to changes in:

Big Man recruiting

Defense (No Pack Defense)

Breaking the press

Offense (Better ball movement)

Scheduling of better teams for home games

Better Media coverage (Radio, T.V., Post-Disgrace)

Ticket sales

Being competitive on opponent's court

Sale of Billiken gear at local stores

Better half-time shows

Better student participation

Possible 4 team tournament (Billiken Classic)

Other miscl.

Rebirth:

All great points - outside of the half time shows as that is when I usher children to the restroom.

If you thought the Spoon days were great, wait until the RM days take off, provided we get 3-5 years of his service. Dick Vitale at courtside, ESPN trucks parked outside the Scott Trade Center/SLU arena, etc. Wouldn't it be great to get a home and home with West Virginia and get to see Huggy Bear once again, ripping off his suit jacket, having Hightower assess him another 'T'?

By the way, where, besides the SLU bookstore, can one find SLU garb for sale? I see a few hats and t-shirts, but not much more. I always find G-town, Mizzou, ND jerseys, shorts (all the other programs I despise), but can never seem to find a ample selection of stuff for the home town D-I program.

can't complain too much about the non-conference schedule at home. IN the past five years, I've sat down with my nachos and go to watch North Carolina, Arizona, Iowa (twice), Gonzaga, Southern Illinois (twice), Missouri state, Wisconsin-Milwaukee (a sweet 16 team), minnesota, ole miss and a few others.

that's not bad for a mid-major. many schools at our level would kill to have those teams at home.

I suspect that will continue with a little more television flavor, hopefully

bad boyz for life

the coverage of TV away games is thin and the Radio quality is poor 100 feet from Keil, Savvis, Scot Trade, whatever. You can't even listen to the coach in your car

i was on campus for the slu softball games and the slu club baseball team games this weekend and used the occasion to stroll up to the bookstore. the bookstore has more billiken blue then i have seen in 30 years. there is still orange, green and pink and too much of it, however i think there were two different blue hoodies, a couple of sweatpans, three golf shirts, a couple of t-shirts, and a sweat shirt all in billiken blue.

>I am not sure where you are driving but I have no trouble

>listening to the post game show on 590 as I drive west on

>I64.

I live in the city and 590 has poor reception, even downtown. I'd love to see us go back to KMOX (as long as Rammer could stay as play by play man).

So what about conflicts. Even if every other game was relocated, then at least 1/2 of the games will be on a real radio station. When the "voice of the Bills" cannot be heard by many areas, and severe static in most other areas, of the St. Louis metropolitan area, then we really don't have a radio voice. How many kids from the East side (KL, TL and Mithcell), from Washington (LM) and outstate (AK) will grow up without even being able to hear the Bills. KMOX can be heard everywhere in traditional SLU recruiting territories: throughout MO (Springfield, Cape, Kansas City), throughout IL (including Chicago - Relephorde, Marquee Perry). Another factor demonstrating SLU is big-time basketball.

Since I live in Florida I pick up the games on the internet. I do recall KFNS being a problem at night from my St. Louis days, but it did not matter for home games back in those days, as I had season tickets.

desmetsaebilliken

You used to be related to Melvin Robinson? Who's working with his 7'0+ kid to make him better. On size alone, he's a D1 prospect. I saw him dunking in the warmups of the Normandy tourney without jumping. He needs a full-time coach to work with him on coordination, hands, footwork, and diet. He's only a freshman. He can be a GOOOOOOOOOOD one with that size.