>unsuccessful. Like Frank and Bob said earlier, one has to

>assume he has a nice pipeline of guys he'd like to bring on

>board.

>

>On a side note, I found this official recap of the NCAA

>violations tied to RM.

>

>http://www.ncaa.org/releases/infractions/2003073001in.htm

Utah assistants included....Donny Daniels, Jeff Judkins, Don Hunsaker, Jeff Strohm,

When he coached the U.S. Under 22 National team he had an assistant coach by the name of Lorenzo Romar.

He isn't afraid to call up a lot of friends in coahcingand ask their opinions....be it Ben Howland when he was at N. Arizona to watch film during an NCAA tourney...or dozens and dozens of others. He has a lot of friends in coaching.

His mentors are Al McGuire, Hank Raymonds, Don Nelson, Del Harris.

Did anyone else read this. The level of RM's violations has not been represented correctly in the media or on this board. I'm curious as to why? It is absolutely clear that RM disregarded rules as he saw fit. He knowingly did what he felt was ok, regardless of what the rules say. The NCAA DID NOT just accept Utah's own sanctions they increased them in a few areas including available scholarships and recruiting visits.

I'm amazed that the people on this board who have continuosly stated that doing things right was the only acceptable way at SLU are willing to brush RM's repeated violations under the table. Please don't pretend that winning isn't the only thing ... it is. Regardless of the rules.

SLU is no better than Indiana was in hiring Sampson if they hire RM.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.