After a day to ponder, I absolutely love the move

david if we had a coach ready to go that would be great. today we find out that there is no clue who the new coach is and they have in fact hired outside help to find one.

meanwhile to assume that recruits signed and unsigned and terribly upset players will just not worry about it and wait extensive periods of time for us to find a new coach and cant see how that can be disasterous is amazing to me.

i have said over and over in the last two days, if their was a plan i am fine assuming we are hiring a homerun coach. now that we know there is no plan, i admit i am in panic mode.

for everyone that is crying brad couldnt coach, i say biondi cant manage. this is corporate knowledge stuff 101. and he is failing worse than his past f ups.

>David how long a person has been a fan certainly matters

>from a perspective standpoint. I would not have fired

>Soderberg with the information that I have, I suspect

>missing on these spring targets, and perhaps even hearing

>that 2008 class is not enthralled with the situation at SLU

>has more to do with the firing.

For the record, I have been a close fan since the eary 80's. I do not believe, however, that makes me any more or less qualified to comment than more recent fans. In fact, today's college basketball environment and culture bears little or no resemblance to the one I first started following. Did they even rank or rate recruits back in the mid-80's?

David, can't you see that people live on the "I have been a fan for x years" argument but that's hardly all of it. How about: I donate a lot of money or I am a long time booster and know all the big boosters or I know Coach - he is a friend or I am friends with the players and friends with their families or I know Biondi or I helped build the arena or I know many university presidents or I was a former D1 coach or my son played D1 ball or my friend is in the AD or I invented the basketball or James Naismith came to me for ideas on rules of the game. Make sure to add all of those to the lists. Yet, all relationships and all this credibility has gotten us nowhere in regards to what the heck is going on.

What is even more puzzling is that I have heard time and time again this year how BM does not know basketball or BM doesn't care about SLU and doesn't take the time to know. Yet, everything BM says appears to be the truth or seems true.

I am glad I am taking this more in stride than most.

Nark. Get serious. Time and experience does matter.

Length of following the program alone is not determinitive. By that, I mean someone with 25 years experience - alone- may not be more qualified than someone with 20 years. At the same time, to dismiss experience because of the current basketball culture is just plain wrong.

For those who began watching SLU during the Highmark, Clagget and H years, in front of sold-out crowds, beating Top 10 ranked Cincy simply do not have the perspective of watching Luther Burden lead the team in front of 750 die hards in the old Arena. After the Grawer hire, West Pine received a face-lift not only for practice but for some real games - to get a more intimate "college home court advantage". Sound familiar.

Again, I know many on this Board pre-date me and my early memories by a lot.

let's at least see who they hire. You're acting like improvement is a done deal.

Let's see who is hired, how many wins the team has next year, where they finish in the conference, and whether or not there is postseason play before we build a statue in honor of our yet-to-be named coach.

BTW, outside of maybe Hughes and Winfield, who are the "star" playrs who've come to SLU in the past (please no Baniak examples)?

I am more optimistic than you because I had a much lesser view of Brad as head coach than you did.

That being said, I agree that we need to wait and see who is named head coach. Unless it is Mike Montgomery, it needs to be someone with experience and ties in the Midwest, and it also needs to be a coach that generates excitement among the general sports community in St. Louis.

that quote about BM was quoting what I have been reading on this board, not my thoughts. I was making the point that as much as BM has been knocked this year, I cannot believe people are taking what he says as gospel.

Although, I must thank you. My carbon monoxide detector was making the beeping sound when the batteries were low and I just ripped out the batteries as it happened around 3 AM and put it in another room yet have been procrastinating on replacing them.