A very likely unintended consequence of this mess

brianstl

If CL, as appears to be the case, was left at of the loop on this.... fundraising from females. If I was a female I would not be to happy with the torpedoe job on CL. I would really wonder about SLU if this is how SLU treast it's most high profile female employee. This could have a long-term negative impact on the university. I have heard female caller upset about her treatment on the radio and it was mentioned to me at work today. The ladies definitely notice this kind of lack of respect.

Doesn't matter if you are male or female....if....Levick had no say and was trumped publicly by Biondi....why would she stay beyond this year...long enough to have the resume polished and ready to go.....if Levick were male, it would be the same thing. Any human being with any self-respect would would move on....if...if that were the case. She has plenty of resume material from stops at Stanford, Santa Clara and SLU....she would do just find landing a job. ...and gender doesn't matter.

What I was pointing out is the fact that this could hurt them when it comes to raising funds from females. They do not like this kind of treatment and will remember it happening to CL a lot longer than any guys will. Slu has been turning out more female graduates for a while. Wives on average live longer than their husbands and end up controling estates. So when it comes to this, yes the gender matters.

It better be near the top of your list. If you care about the school it should be high. If you care about athletics it should be high. The school has tapped out many of the long time donors as much as they can and much expand the group of big and small donors. SLU has for a while been graduating classes that are over 50% percent female. It is not a good thing to leave a bad impression in that large group of how you treat your female employees.

>Glad to see that you and your buddy Bernie are consistant.

>First, you lead the charge to get Brad fired and now you

>want to stir the pot so that Cheryl feels like she has to

>leave as well. With all of your great knowledge and

>expertise maybe you want her job!

Was wondering when you would be getting around to me...as you have so many others on here the past few days. ........yes, it is my fault, it is Miklasz' fault....nobody at SLU's fault.

If Levick had zero say in this decision, and was made to look powerless and foolish.....why should she stay? She should stay as long as it takes to find another job, which shouldn't take her long given her resume. Keep collecting the check, send out resume, interview, leave. She doesn't have to leave....But I would think anyone on this board would want to leave if they were treated in the same fashion.

I didn't stir this pot. But again, it is my fault.

Have you read my many posts where I was highly critical of SLU? How could you possibly say that I said "nobody at SLU"s at fault". The way this way handled was not good and SLU is at fault for that. I would sure not like to see people like you try to run off Cheryl.

>Have you read my many posts where I was highly critical of

>SLU? How could you possibly say that I said "nobody at SLU"s

>at fault". The way this way handled was not good and SLU is

>at fault for that. I would sure not like to see people like

>you try to run off Cheryl.

Lol...Reading Comprehension. I am not running off Levick. Biondi just did.

courtside, i totally agree.

the problem is i dont want to lose cheryl levick. she is a huge improvement over doug woolard and was doing an awesome job. in one stupid arrogant and selfish move by biondi, he has undercut her tremendously.

while you arent "running off levick", you definitely arent showing any remorse for a tremendous corporate blunder and act that will lose one of the most effective slu employees we have seen in a long long time. you almost seemed joyful at the very least relieved.

Too many people in St. Louis, too many people on this board....live in this tunnel vision world.

There are MANY wonderful and highly successful University Presidents out there.(I know many personally) Too many people here and elsewhere live in this sort of starnge existence that Larry Biondi is above criticism for doing some aspects of his job well. Well woopdeedoo. So do a lot of other University leaders in this country. SLU will have other Presidents after him that are liked, beloved, etc...It's as if everyone drinks to the kool-aid cup of Larry Biondi. He is the Jim Jones of the SLU community.

Give me a break.