Good news/Bad news re: Rodney Alexander

SLUDrew

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryce showed me a lot last year. I think you are selling him short. I would like to see us dictate the match-ups out there for once. I think BH ends up starting, but I think he will probably get only 20-25 minutes a game. BH can have a big impact on the defensive end, he fills a lot of space.

I think I could handle Bryce getting 20 mins a game, and I really don't think he has the gas tank for more than that. I wonder if he would settle down and start catching entry passes if he actually got some solid starts under his belt...

Either way, it would be nice to know that our team would be able to put a number of different starting lineups on the court. Assuming we land some of the recruits we are discussing, i believe next year could provide the best barometer of UB's coaching ability. Is he flexible enough to create mismatches and best utilize our players? will he be able to make enough in-game adjustments? Will he trust underclassmen? We should know the answers to these questions in about 9 months.

Believe me, opposing coaches would spend MUCH more time trying to match up with Rodney Alexander than they will for Bryce Husak. I agree that he plays hard, but we need an interior scoring threat if TL and KL are going to be all they can be.

Bryce still has trouble catching the ball which is an important first step to making an offensive move

If we get MG and RA, Bryce would't have to do much for you on the offensive end. What I think he would bring on the defensive end would more than make up for what you lose on the offensive end. You could definitely use his size and shot blocking ability, he showed when he got minutes, when nobody else on the floor will be over 6'7".

brian's lineup of husak, alexander, mantas, lisch and liddell is very intriguing. and brian has a great point that if you had a lineup of that bryce's offensive output needs wouldnt be very high and he would provide some wacky defense for us with that monsterous reach.

probably the way i would utilize the lineup would be to send that out there for 6-7 minutes a half just to force adjustments by the opponent. the more success it shows, the more you use it.

>I would say it is 70/30 he will sign with Illinois.

>That's not cynicism. Its just a reality.

>

>I hope to God I am wrong.

I would agree with this. SLU is my favorite team, but the Illini are 1A and I just can't see us beating out Illinois for a recruit at this point - before the Chafe is opened, at least. Weber is a far better recruiter than he has been given credit for, has a helluva staff, and has the Big 10 wind in his sails. I would hope Rodney gave alot of thought to PT, but if he's confident in his ability he'll suppose he can garner 20-25 mins anywhere he's at...