Suggs story on Rivals

cag said,

"according to the kool-aid drinkers he's best friends with Kramer so he's a shoe-in to come to SLU. I thought Brad's already got this one locked up."

who ever said that? could you provide the link to the poster that said suggs was locked up? if not, admit you lied please.

Just another reason why we need to fill all the scholarships now. We need to try to win now. We need to try to get into the Big Tourney now! That's the best way to attract future recruits. He saved a scholarship last year, he's going to do it again and it never pays off in the end.

I would guess those schools are done recruiting for '07 and can simply put in more time than SLU. It would certainly help to get these 2 or 3 scholarships filled and get back on that '08 class. I would also guess Suggs knows where he stands with SLU, if he wants to stay local and get big minutes right away SLU is probably the best choice.

I thought the only reason Brad was still around was his "in" with Suggs? If Brad can't get Suggs, why do we need him?

Roy, you honestly believed we had a chance with Suggs. admit that, or you are a liar. we all know you are foolish to think, because Suggs told Frank Cusamano on a St. Louis news station he really like SLU, he would actually come here.

admit you are a fool please.

of course i beleived we had a chance. why wouldnt we, suggs himself was quoted saying he liked the soderberg's. but not me or anyone else ever said it was a done deal.

sluser, your hatred for slu and the positive fans is remarkable. why do you even come here?

Hatred for SLU or is it more like a hatred for brad??

i want to cheer for a winner and successful college basketball program. brad is not the answer. as each day goes on, further proof shows brad is not getting the job done. don't you see that??? at what point will you finally admit brad isn't the one?

but it is funny to think you actually thought Suggs would come to slu. do you think suggs, when asked, would say "no, i don't like the soderberg's and I think Kramer is a loser?" get out from under the rock you live under. wake up.

Not being able to read the article, my guess would mirror Blue's. UB has undoubtedly made his offer, made his desires known, and there's not a lot more he can do except be a pain in the keester to the Suggs' family. The BCS'ers are fighting it out for his services so SLU's best option is probably to lay back and see what happens with him. If he comes to SLU great get by UB. If not, I really don't think a lot of us ever thought he would come here. In about 3-4 years we're gonna see St.L kids helping the biggies in the dance and wondering what might have been.

again, i never said that suggs would come to slu. i said i thought we had a chance.

your reading comprension is not too good is it?

suggs could have answered any such question with less enthusiasm and less specifics about his friendship and no one would have thought a thing about it.

also, again, my defense of brad has less to do with soderberg than it does about the infrastructure shortcomings of the slu athletic dept and a wish not to start over again. i am tired of starting over every 5 years without the needed improvements of the rest of the athletic dept. when are you going to get out from under the rock and realize that changing coaches is only going to start the cycle over again. i want the roller coaster to stop and believe that there has to be a level of stability reached and an overall improvement of the program infrastructure for that to happen regardless of who the coach is.

This whole Soderberg family/Suggs thing has a real "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" feel to it. Maybe it's me, but I think Soderberg knows he can't land Suggs and Kramer continues to bring him over in the Loy Fusz car over for momma Soderberg's peach cobbler.