Donovan will stay put as Florida coach

STLfan

taking that job is asking to get fired imo. and no matter how good you do, you will never eclipse adolph rupp.

donovan is already the greatest coach in florida history, why not stay put and continue to develop your own legend.

You know that Billy D is going to be paid handsomely for what he has accomplished at Florida...3 Final Fours in four years plus back to back National Championship. I guess it does not suck to be Billy in Gainesville these days.

Smart move...he had nothing to gain there except for a few bucks. Whose next on their hit list? You go down through the top coaches and most are content right where they are. UK doesn't have any big name alums out there, ala R. Williams, except for Ford, and I don't think he's a big enough name or accomplished enough yet to quiet their fans. Any thoughts on these guys: Self? Dixon of Pitt? Crean? I could possibly see Dixon or Crean. Got to figure Self is content with KU. But honestly couldn't come up with anyone other than Crean or Dixon who would fit the stature they're going after.

Courtside,

I heard the same names kicked around but Crean's name was also mentioned. Do you think he would leave MU for the UK job? I would have to believe the money would be a lot better at UK if he can stand the pressure cooker that is Lexington. I also think Calipari's name should be in this mix too. On thing for sure they will find someone to take that job. I know that Florida is going to extend Donovan this year with a healthy raise.

Crean makes $1.7 million at Marquette. I am told he is not going there. He is good friends with the Ky AD and has many friends and media friends in Ky from his days at WKU. He also ahs many media friends that throw his name around at every turn as well. But I have been told it won't be him.

They were talking over $3mil to Billy D. If they offered that to Crean you don't think he'd take it? Would MU counter? Could MU counter? But the article I read, didn't mention him. Barnes and Calipari were mentioned. Calimari would be a demon at UK. There is probably not a better recruiter than the Squid.