Billikens.com Table at Annual Team Banquet?

satrap

D1 hoops - the greatest show on earth.

The Mrs. and I will be attending. I have invited bluecrewprez as my guest. Assuming it's ok, I will be bringing red wine from my

cellar - a good thing according to many who know me. When I call for our reservations, I'll mention the Billikens.com table for 10. The way I figure it, 10 people = 4 bottles...my wife doesn't drink much.

hey Unca, who is going to invite me??? I guess I could cash out some of my IRS to attend. . . .

and Unca, you are even bringing some wine --I hope it's from Tuscany. Like Hannibal, I prefer Chianti with my farvah beans.

I would have thought you would invite me, so we could talk about Italy -- and for all my hard work setting up the open gym nights! For a really, really old guy (even older than me), you are actually not bad!

D1 hoops - the greatest show on earth.

I didn't know you were in the same cash position as BCP. Go ahead and fill out the table and I'll bring enuf wine for you - I have some serious Italians, but the biggest ratings with the lowest cost are aussies. However, my wife can only drink the sangiovese grape, so I'll have at least one of those.

what a great post and illustration of our crisis management athletic dept.

i would think they would have devoted at least one whole table to the blue crew. let diane pick the senior members worthy of going. a small incentive for future blue crew classes.

instead diane doesnt even get invited. do they remember the work she has done to create the first practice atmosphere? invaluable.

>have fun prez, i would have thought the athdept would have

>acknowledged all you did at the banquet, hopefully ub will

>at least mention you

>

>has the athdept made you an offer yet for a full time job?

I'm just excited I get to go!! :) I don't need any type of recognition...I'm just excited that in 20 years when I'm still coming to games I can tell my kids, "I was President of that 20 years ago." (...to which they'll say, "Mom, that wasn't even in this building, so you know it doesn't really count." Then I'll tell them they're grounded.)

And about the job: they haven't offered me a job YET, but I'm working on it haha. I'm in the process of pitching an "Internal Marketing" position (to be in charge of promoting athletics on campus) to the SLU administration. Cheryl supports it and says basically if I can find the money, I can have the job. I'll hopefully be meeting with Kent Porterfield (VP of Student Development) next week then the Provost sometime in the near future to find some money somewhere on this campus. But you know I'm really trying to get this job so I can have good seats at the Arena haha

If I end up working for the Athletic Department, we should work out some sort of agreement where you guys can't be mean to me/post bad things about me (since I wouldn't be able to post). You guys can be lethal, you know.

> instead diane doesnt even get invited. do they remember the work she has done to create the first practice atmosphere? invaluable.

Well, I think we can all agree that Billiken Madness really was sub-par this year (I definitely was crying in the back as soon as it was over....people still aren't allowed to talk to me about it). They probably just noticed the same thing haha.

-prez you would have access to opinions of 500 or however many posters we have here to give you advice (some of it good) in this new job, what a kick start!!!!!!

-Father B, Joe W., whoever, give this kid a chance, her passion for OUR univeristy is obvious and her experience with the crew would be such a big asset - get this done

-you'll just have to go to a public library to post so you can't be traced, although I would like to see how many readers of this site are slu employees, esp within the walls of west pine (and i hope no players/recruits read it!!!!!)