Welcome Mr. Peterson!

moytoy12

He may actually read it if he is researching the school, now basing even a little of his decision on it ... probably not. We know for a fact parents read it, so why would it be so far fetched for a player to read. Anyway, I was just giving you a hard time.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

It was 1/2 tongue in cheek.

But what if? What if Peterson read the board? What could it hurt? Kind of like the fact that there is no atheist right before death. :)

I've spent a lot of time this week highlighting what SLU isn't; well, I wanted to create a platform to highlight what SLU is and this post (as Brian pointed out) was meant to pay homage to that.

>Skip, you're missing the point. I was trying to show that

>writing something DIRECTLY TO a recruit is immature and

>fruitless.

>

>No one's on here going "Hey Brad, you should have fouled the

>forward on that last play," and expect him to read it and

>consider what some fan has to say. People are saying to

>each other on here, "I think Brad should have fouled on that

>last play," to debate one another. Why would you write

>directly to a guy involved with the program?

>

>I'm not trying to be negative, as I'm being accused of. I

>have nothing wrong with being positive, and saying that I'd

>like to land a certain recruit, which I do. But to write

>directly to a recruit with the belief that he's actually

>reading it- you can't be serious.

Indeed Pistol. Good points. This is one step away from showing up outside his hotel room with a banner saying "SLU loves you Jeff." While this may be fine for students to pull off, I still say it's a little odd coming from adults. That's all.

Lighten up. It's actually very possible a recruit would read this, quite a few parents have been regular posters, so again why is it so far fetched to believe a kid might read it also.

This board is made up of fans ... if by some chance he did read it, he might think cool ... the fans are showing me some love.

If you rally want to see immature come sit next to me at a game, it's disgusting.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Pistol, I think you are wrong in your assumption that recruits and families do not read message boards. On the Creighton board, there were 4 or 5 family members of Johnny Coy posting there before and even after he committed to ASU.

A friendly hello & hope you have a great visit message to a recruit certainly can't hurt. If nothing else this board should show that us Billikan fans certainly enjoy our basketball, even if we don't agree on much else.

> "No more than giving advice on what a coach should or

>shouldn't do in a game or whether he should or shouldn't be

>fired when your opinion has absolutely no bearing on the

>actual outcome. Do you think Brad reads the board to find

>out where he went wrong during a game?"

When did i say anything about soderberg being fired???

The two statements i made concerning his coaching style are my opinions. who are you to mock me when i have the right to state my opinion? what do you want me to say... "lets applaud our coach for doing such a great job and he's the best"... im sorry, but anybody who knows college basketball can easily point out those two observations i made regarding soderberg. i am not out for his head, but i am not complacent with mediocrity as you appear to be. lighten up, quit being such a 'yes man'... think for yourself.

justin love's family and san fran friends followed billikens.com very closely when justin played at slu. that is straight from charles love.

>jeff, getting a chance to distribute to the likes of lisch

>and liddell is quite the opportunity. and after they are

>gone in two years, the keys to the car would be all yours!

>i hope you enjoy your stay in st louis!

SLU currently has zero point guards. The keys to the car would be his immediately when he stepped foot on campus, for four years...unless two things happened, he didn't produce and better point guards were recruited over him.

But the keys to the car would be his immediately at SLU.