SLU trails 30-29 at halftime

of note Drejaj is the player who will step up and hit the ft's at the end of the game 8-8 from the line 14 pts

Frericks sounded like an animal, but was in foul trouble and health is a concern

IO 10 pts 3 boards

Sloan 13 pts 14 rebounds

Reggie 12 pts

last ten minutes was sloppy, at least from the radio

too many turnovers 22 for the game.

4 in double figures sounds promising. Frericks problems sound scary, foul trouble and health...that back thing is worrisome...bad backs just keep hanging on. 22 turnovers, I expect UB will fix that. From this it looks like we're the same Billikens. Stingy D and low scoring affairs. Got to like the double double by Sloan.

It sounds like the starters were Ohanon, Sloan, Frericks, Drejaj, and Fisher (at least, that's who started the second half). Bryant saw a lot of time, Varner and Vouyoukas played quite a bit, and Clarke and Hunt got a little time. I don't think Johnson got in at all. With the game being tight, Brad didn't have the luxury of getting the end of the bench guys in the game.

Sloan, Drejaj, and Fisher played as expected.

Reggie Bryant hit a few nice outside shots, had a nice drive or two to the basket, and displayed good rebounding ability.

Tom Frericks was limited by foul trouble but displayed nice offensive moves and was a bull fighting for rebounds. If he can limit the dumb fouls (and Brad said that he would during the post game show), then he should be a decent defensive player.

Ross played solid minutes and hit some outside shots.

Darren Clarke went 0 for the day, but his shots will fall. All of his threes were narrow misses.

Izik showed his good offensive skills. He was beat a time or two on defense, but he otherwise played well.

Overall, we defended real well and rebounded real, real well. We turned the ball over way too much, but Brad is confident that he can fix that problem.

Remember folks, it's still early, and the rotation features three players (Frericks, Voyoukas, and Clarke) who are getting there first exposure to Soderberg's system. On top of that, even though Bryant has been in the system for a year, he hasn't been doing it against non-teammates or in front of people. We must expect some growing pains early.

True, this team will go through growing pains, but overall I thought we looked decent tonight. Tom Frericks' offensive moves were really impressive; it has been a long time since we had a big man with good offensive moves. We have many lineup options. We have a great coach. Most importantly, for the first time in years, we may regularly win the battle of the boards.

i remember one good "move" by frericks. but i will say he plays strong. i liked that.

as to the rebounding domination. aia spent a lot of time out by the foul line and didnt really crash the boards as much as i expect marquette and cincy will. but you are correct again in stating that it is encouraging on the rebounding front.