illinois highschool allstate shows whose uncommitted

GOSLU68

this is from last week of Feb 2007 Chicagohoops.com quite a few good to great ones left-some kids want the attention to last

First Team

Player Height Position School Class

Derrick Rose 6-3 Point Guard Chicago Simeon 2007

Will play collegiately for John Calipari and Memphis. Big time player who ranks as one of the best in the country.

Evan Turner 6-6 Guard/Forward St. Joseph 2007

Will play collegiately for Thad Matta and Ohio State University. Big time player who was at his best in big games this season.

Carlton Fay 6-8 Power Forward Putnam County 2007

Will play collegiately for Chris Lowery and Southern Illinois University. Put up huge numbers all year long for Putnam County.

Demetri McCamey 6-2 Point Guard St. Joseph 2007

Will play collegiately for Bruce Weber and the University of Illinois. Stellar performer best described as a power guard.

Jacob Pullen 6-0 Point Guard Proviso East 2007

Will play collegiately for Bob Huggins and Kansas State University. At his best against elite competition.

Second Team

Mustapha Farrakhan 6-3 Shooting Guard Thornton 2007

Will play collegiately for Dave Leitao and the University of Virginia.

Tim Flowers 6-5 Power Forward Chicago Simeon 2007

Will play collegiately for Rob Jeter and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Demond Watt 6-7 Power Forward Thornton Fractional North 2007

The top uncommitted Class of 2007 prospect in the state of Illinois.

Sam Maniscalco 6-1 Point Guard Chicago St. Patrick 2007

Will play collegiately for Jim Les and Bradley University.

DeAndre Liggins 6-6 Point Guard Chicago Washington 2008

One of the top Class of 2008 basketball prospects in the United States.

Third Team

Jeff Jordan 6-1 Point Guard Loyola Academy 2007

One of the top uncommitted Class of 2007 basketball prospects in the state of Illinois.

Justin Bocot 6-3 Shooting Guard Bloomington 2007

Will play collegiately for Chris Lowery and Southern Illinois University.

Mike Capocci 6-6 Small Forward Glenbard East 2007

Will play collegiately for Bill Carmody and Northwestern University.

Brandon McGee 6-7 Small Forward Chicago Crane 2007

Will play collegiately for Kelvin Sampson and Indiana University.

Bill Cole 6-9 Power Forward Peoria Richwoods 2007

Will play collegiately for Bruce Weber and the University of Illinois.

>I believe they have crossed that treshold this year. KU

>coach is quoted as saying SIU is now one of the elite

>programs in the nation.

Memo to MVC troll Billikenexpress...Self's team is playing SIU...perhaps a better statement would have been nope they aren't any good and we'll wipe the floor with them. Shouldn't you be under-impressed with quotes coming from a guy who wouldn't schedule SIU when he coached at Illinois?

why are you here? your life in carbondale must really be miserable if the best you have to do when your team is in the sweet 16 is come to billikens.com and flame. go buy a parakeet or a sheep or something to pass your time.

This is not a knock at the Salukis, but C. Fay does not belong on the first team. Fay was a 1st team Class A all stater but when you mix the two classes he does not belong. He is very comparable to Lucas O'rear and O'rear is not even listed. Fay has a chance to be a nice player at SIUC but he doesn't compare with the Roses and McCameys.

>This is not a knock at the Salukis, but C. Fay does not

>belong on the first team. Fay was a 1st team Class A all

>stater but when you mix the two classes he does not belong.

>He is very comparable to Lucas O'rear and O'rear is not even

>listed. Fay has a chance to be a nice player at SIUC but he

>doesn't compare with the Roses and McCameys.

I don't ask this as a flame, but have you seen Fay play? If so I would love an opinion from someone outside of the SIU fanbase. By almost all accounts (recruiting sites and various all-state team) Fay is the best post player in the state of Illinois for 2007. What is it about him that makes you say he doesn't belong on this list. He was the Sun Times player of the year in Illinois.

The comparison to O'Rear is no good. Fay averaged 23.6 and 12 this year. O'Rear averaged 18.8 and 10.

Of course O'Rear's best sport is baseball and he may get drafted and never play a game for UNI but that is a different topic all together.

Again, I am not trying to stir up any #####, I want outside opinions.

I wonder what ever happened to the number one Saluki fan in St. Louis, George Peach. You all remember him our crusading prosecuting attorney that thought the only way to fight prostitution was to have first hand knowledge of it.

I've seen Fay play a couple of times this season, twice in person and once on tv. He was the Sun Times Class A player of the year. I did not mean that he did not belong on the list, I meant that he did not belong the first team. This team is comprised of players from both Class A and AA. Fay and O'Rear are both Class A first team all-staters and O'Rear was probably the runner-up for the player of the year. Both are post players that play for small rural schools( and very good teams) and seldom face anyone with any size. That's why I say they are comparable.