was this a prior post re Marcus Relphorde its old from

GOSLU68

Chicago.Hoops.com (but worth repeating) has to do with Marcus Relphorde as he was transferring to prepschool this year and with the addition of Anthony Mitchell who Scouts.com lists now as 6 foot 5 instead of 6'4" out of ESide seems to give us options at the 1,2.3 point guard to small forward spots where we need depth in my opinion

Homewood-Flossmoor star Marcus Relphorde will be transferring to prep school powerhouse Millersburg Military Institute in Millersburg, Kentucky. Relphorde currently ranks among the top Class of 2006 basketball prospects in the state of Illinois.

Relphorde, a 6-6 guard, is one of the youngest Class of 2006 prospects in Illinois. He will not turn 17 until December, and holds open the option of being reclassified as a 2007 prospect. However, his father, Colin Relphorde, told ChicagoHoops.com that a final decision has yet to be made on the reclassification.

Relphorde bring great size and versatility to the basketball court. He has a strong handle, and superb offensive instincts. Relphorde is equally comfortable slashing to the hole, or dropping shots with range out beyond the three-point arc.

Relphorde, who competes on the summer basketball circuit with Mac Irvin's Illinois Fire, had several outstanding showings this season. At the Adidas Super Star Camp, Relphorde combined with Eric Gordon (Top 10 Class of 2007 prospect), and Gerald Henderson (Duke Recruit) to lead their team to an undefeated mark. Also this summer, Relphorde had a 38-point effort against a strong Indiana Elite squad.

Relphorde is expected to primarily play point guard this season for a Millersburg team that figures to be loaded. Millersburg figures to go 7-2, 6-11 and 6-8 across their frontcourt with Relphorde at 6-6 running the point.

Millersburg plays a tough, national schedule of 40+ games. This year, the team will play national super-power Oak Hill Academy in a televised contest. Relphorde is slated to begin classes at Millersburg on August 15th.

Thanks for the post. Can't recall a 6'7" guard at SLU. Recall the last game when we had trouble with pressure by the tall GW guards. Maybe this is a step in the right direction. The write-up leads me to believe he will be good for SLU.

Then, again, after reading this Board, he is not from St. Louis - not even from mid-Missouri and SLU72 has already called him a "role" player. Sure hope we get anymore guys like this.

Roland Gray and Monroe Douglas would have been 1,2,3 type guards by today's standards-when he graduated Roland was 6'8" and had one or two more career total points than Monroe as Grawer parked MD on the bench several times-what he punished him for was not obvious but the net result was Gray graduated as the career point leader-Grawer never trusted talent

Roland was never 6'8. If anything he was shorter than his listed height of 6'5.

Although I was a huge Monroe fan Roland was the better overall player. Monroe had a good lead over him in the career scoring ranks but Roland got hot at the end of the year and beat Monroe out.

I had remembered Douglas as being in the 6'2 or so range. Do you recall?

Also I found this conflicting invormation about where MR went to school. It seems he never went to MMI the Millersburg Military Institure in Ky or left after entering. I wonder what that was about?

Post subject: 6-7 Forward Verbals to SLU!

Posted: 23 Feb 2007 11:09 amForum User

Posts: 485Head Coach Brad Soderberg And St. Louis University Land 6-7 Former Homewood-Flossmoor Star Marcus Relphorde

Brian Stinnette

February 22, 2007

Former Homewood-Flossmoor star Marcus Relphorde of American Christian Academy in Pennsylvania has given a verbal commitment to play his college basketball for head coach Brad Soderberg, and St. Louis University. Relphorde competed on the summer basketball circuit with both the Chicago Jaguars and the Illinois Fire.

Relphorde, a 6-7 wing, is known for his tremendous versatility on the basketball court. He has the ability to get minutes at the 1, 2 and 3 slots on the floor. Last year, Relphorde played for Chicago Boys To Men Academy ahead of transferring to American Christian this season. Highly regarded Tyreke Evans, one of the top Class of 2008 prospects in the United States, was among Relphorde's teammates at American Christian.

Relphorde told ChicagoHoops.com that his comfort with the coaching staff, the proximity of the campus to Chicago, the strong conference (Atlantic 10), and the opportunity to make an immediate impact were all factors in his decision to attend St. Louis. At St. Louis, Relphorde will likely get the opportunity have the basketball in his hands.

Relphorde has continued to diversify his game on the basketball court over the course of the past year, and actually evolved into a defensive stopper for American Christian. A stellar student in the classroom, Relphorde will likely major in business at St. Louis.

My memory is more of Roland being 6'5" or 6'6" and that his outside shot improving each year. Maybe more out of necessity, he played inside at the 4. Always seemed better with his back to the basket. With more help at the 4 and 5, Grawer could have tried him at the 3 but probably not at the 1 or 2.

Monroe, as I recall, was 6'4", and had trouble at the 1. Could play some but better when someone else could take the load. As far a production on the floor, recall frequent radio discussions explaining trouble with his girlfriend as the reason.

Those were some some fun times.

if MR went to bot American Christian in Pennsylvania and Millersburg iMilitary Institute in Ky-if he did and if he is a good student as the scouting reports say-he sounds like a 4 year fix for our problems; he is three star whole AM out of East St. Louis High is 2 star???? Anyone know the educational sequence for MR?

his coach this year, said he was not quick enough to play point against the like of Oak Hill etc...but he become a shutdown defender, still average 13+ points a game and was not one of the stars.

To me he sounds like a very good complimentary player. Who will add to depth on the bench. A starter after a year or two

I'm sure it wont, especially not on a nightly basis. Durant, Lawson, Jamont Gordon, Eric Devendorf. All together at the same time. C'mon man. NBA guys like Carmelo Anthony, Josh Smith, Stephen Jackson and MANY More. Oak Hill would beat most college teams.

hate to reply to my own question but Rick Bolus provided this answer:

Feel free to mention my rankings on your bulletin board. MMI went out of business this past season; thus, there was no basketball played. I am not aware of Kentucky players at this point that are interested in SLU. Good luck-Rick Bolus

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 10:23 PM

Subject: re: Marcus Relphorde, MMI, Ky basketball player

I am a SLU fan and wanted to know if you had a final rating for Marcus

Relphorde for Ky, high school, prep school college bound players and if any other KY

players are looking to St. Louis University in the next two years

thanks,

Terry Barber

p.s. if you want I will mention your rankings on the Billiken message board