Willie Howard...Class of 2005

shempie

I was thinking that Wisconsin Lutheran was in a pretty small conference but they have moved up to the "Little 10" since I was in high school (they were the same Division as my high school way back when there was WISAA). I think they are Division 2 but they play in a conference where there are some/most Division 1 teams.

Anyway this guy averaged 15.3 ppg as a sophomore and is averaging (wait for it) 15.3 ppg this year so far.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/prep/statsb...=580&vDate=2003

Do we really need another PG? I know it's been said on here that Brad wants Liddell at the point. I was also under the impression that Polk was a point guard also. Is he a 2? Is Lisch a 1 or a 2? It just seems like we will have quite a few PG's, and that is all I've heard we are recruiting. There has to be a 6'7" monster out there to catch all those alley oops our guards will be tossing up!

the more i watch our recruits pan out, my guess is lisch is being recruited to play the wing. he is a scorer with point guard skills. he looks to score first. liddell on the other hand seems to be just the opposite. if i have one problem with tommie, it is that he isnt selfish enough. he trys like hell to give his teamates the opportunity. almost to a fault considering he can pretty much get a shot whenever he wants.

i think what you see with brad's guards he is recruiting is that all will have combo guard abilities. no longer will you see the likes of floyd mcclain who was strictly a wing, or jamal walker who was only a point guard. they will be shooters, dribblers and passers or brad wont bring them in.

We've only got three scholarships to give in that class based on the roster we'll have that year.

1. Polk

2. Drejaj

3. Clarke

4. Meyer

5. Liddell

6. JJ

7. Ohanon

8. Frericks

9. Vouyoukas

10. Spring signee

Obviously our number 1 priority is Kevin Lisch and the 2nd priority is an inside player. The third scholarship will go to the best player available. Might be a point guard, might not. Whatever the case, that kid won't be getting any PT right away with all the players in front of him.

>We've only got three scholarships to give in that class

>based on the roster we'll have that year.

That's correct, but the roster is incorrect

>1. Polk

>2. Drejaj

>3. Clarke

>4. Meyer

>5. Liddell

>6. JJ

>7. Ohanon

>8. Frericks

>9. Vouyoukas

>10. Spring signee

>

Beginning 2005-06:

1. Drejaj

9. 2004 recruit (if a JUCO)

2. Johnson

3. Vouyoukas

4. Clarke

5. Husak

6. Liddell

7. Polk

8. Meyer

9. 2004 recruit (if a freshman)

10. 2005 recruit

11. 2005 recruit

12. 2005 recruit

13. 2005 recruit (Floyd McClain's schollie)

>Obviously our number 1 priority is Kevin Lisch and the 2nd

>priority is an inside player. The third scholarship will go

>to the best player available. Might be a point guard, might

>not. Whatever the case, that kid won't be getting any PT

>right away with all the players in front of him.

Good point Ace. Here is our roster next year:

Drejaj

Bryant

Clarke

Polk

Liddell

Meyer

Johnson

Izik

Frericks

Vouyoukas

Husak

2004 recruit

(one scholarship in hand)

I beleive it will be Bryant, Frericks, and Izik's last year of eligibility in the 2004-2005 season which means we shall have 4 scholarships to give for the 2005 recruiting class--i.e., the 3 departing players and one scholarship in hand. If anybody sees it differently, please jump in.

I totally fouled up that roster for 2005. Feeling under the weather today. It should read

1. Polk, so

2. Drejaj, sr

3. Clarke, jr

4. Meyer, so

5. Liddell, so

6. JJ, jr

7. Vouyoukas, jr

8. Spring signee, so

9. Husak, so

Bryant (who I forgot about in my fouled up list), Frericks and Izik graduate in 2005. So we have four scholarships to give based on the 5/8 rule, assuming we give 4 scholarships to the current class. Again, the priorities are Lisch and an inside player and the last two scholarships will likely go to the best players available.

The roster for 2004 is

1. Polk, fr

2. Drejaj, jr

3. Bryant, sr

4. Clarke, so

5. Meyer, fr

6. Liddell, fr

7. JJ, so

8. Izik, sr

9. Vouyoukas, so

10. Frericks, sr

11. Husak, fr