Positive Spin on this Game

1. Tommie was not 100%. If hes 100% we win

2. Poor Officials. The travel on tommie when he was undercut,the jump ball where lisch was getting mugged, the play that should have been and 1 but they called the o foul on tommie

3. It was a road game. Home game we win

4. Vouyoukas put Lasme in foul trouble

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

Tommie gets the foul and 1 thats 3 points and lisch gets the foul called he makes both thats 5 points

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not saying that the refs cost us the game, but the offensive foul on Tommy was an absolute freaking joke. Tommy is in control, the defender is not only not set, he jumps and they touch bodies. THAT IS NEVER AN OFFENSIVE FOUL! You never expect to get any favors on the road, but that is absolutely ridiculous. It's not like a nervous freshman was driving the ball to the hole, this is a first team all conference player taking the ball to the basket. On the positive side, this has to give you a little bit better feeling about the Thrillikens being able to do some damage in the conference tourney, especially if Ian can keep it up.

AGREE -Even Rammer (who is a known ref complainer) commented on the post game show that this was the best game for the refs that he has seen in the A10. DISAGREE - Everything that happens during the game is of course relevant - BUT - When it comes down too the last play, crunch time, bowels boiling, the clock ticking away all of our Billiken lives - this is what we get? 15 seconds of stupid one on one playground basketball - But - Of Course - it it is the decision of the coach. And people wonder why

so it goes

I think we went one on one because we do not have a pg of competitive Div 1 calibur. The only guard who can bring the ball up court against pressure is Kevin Lisch. I think the question should be: Why did this coach not recruit a pg to replace AD? The lack of a pg is more important the the lack of a good pf. The lack of a pg will prevent us from pulling off a "miracle" in Atlantic City. The bottom line is that the game was fun to watch. You wonder why IV seemly just got motivated toward the end of the season. Is this another coaching problem; that is; inability to motivate. Does this help explain the St. Bonnie loss?

Dwayne polk has shown ability to bring it up under pressure they were raping him everytime he got the ball

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good point Huzzah.

When I watched the SLU/Ole Miss game,the point guard they had (Abernaty) really impressed me.

This morning I read this article in the Biloxi Sun Herald and credits him for Ole Miss's turn around.

www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/sports/16778988.htm

So I have to wonder why the refs who were fine all game would make 3 horrible calls in the last couple of minutes. I'd like to sit with one and watch a replay.

1. The charge on Tommie ... no one could possiby watch a replay and justify that call. I don't even think they could explain what they thought they saw to make the call. 2 pts possibly 3 gone.

2. Tommie's rebound which was called a walk. A player has the right to come down from a board. Accidently or not, you can't be underneath a player in the air. Loss of possession or a 1-1 opporunity at the line.

3. Kevin's tie up ... didn't hurt anything as we kept possesion and the arrow didn't come back into play.

This was all in the last couple of minutes. I just don't get ref's. The call were so blatantly wrong, you end up with no choice but to question their integrity.

The best option was to put the ball in Tommie's hands at the end. He should have protected the ball better. It was poor execution on Tommie's part, not poor decision making on Brad's. Tommie is a great player and will learn from it. His positives, far, far outweigh his negatives. I can live with the play. More than anyone of us, I bet Tommie would like to have it back.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Skip, I wondered the same thing about the last few minutes of that game. The only thing I can say is that is the way it is in College hoops a good deal of the time. It really bothers me when I feel we don't get close calls at home down the stretch.

I would have had no problem with either Tommie or Kevin with the ball in that situation. Generally, the risk of turnover is reduced by keeping the ball in the hands of a single player. It was just one of those things. Every program experiences heartbreaking losses. It's to be expected when one signs on as a fan. Hopefully, the kids will grow from the experience and it will serve them well in Atlantic City. I'm still hoping for brighter days.

I was at the game and this play happened fairly close to me and unlike the officials I was not screened from seeing Lasme kick Tommie's legs out from under him. It was definitely a bad call (but just one of many on the night) not to call a foul, but it was really bad to call the travel (as Tommie did not advance the ball it was not yet a travel).

Agreed there were a lot of 50/50 calls that went SLU's way (Freeman would give Ian a little push when he got the ball, Ian would push back harder, but only the call when Ian went up would get called). I do not think it was a particularly easy game to call and many bad calls went SLU's way (so I can understand why some would say this was a "better" called game).

That said the late travel call on Tommie was terrible and hurt SLU. It was a "deciding factor" in a literal sense as it happened when SLU could have iced the game and it was a really bad call. Worse things have happened but it was still a bad call at the wrong time.

Skip if they call a foul instead of a tie up Lisch goes to the line and sinks 2 free throws otherwise i totally agree with the 3 points

Posted Image

Posted Image