Where's Bernie?

Speaking of Bernie. He seems to take a shot at SLU whenever possible. Some of it is valid but not all of it. This was in one of his latest columns:

"I hope Chris Lowery stays, even if it means that he'll continue to embarrass St. Louis U. by recruiting St. Louis-area players to Carbondale."

SIUC has one St. Louis player on the roster right now (Falker) and most considered him a reach/project at the time he was recruited. Now Lowery did get the two players from McCluer recently, but that makes three St. Louis area players on his roster. Am I missing something here? Is Lowery really embarrassing SLU? I'm disappointed we didn't get Roundtree, but he is one of many top 2008 recruits. That statement just seems off base to me and another attempt for Bernie to bash the Billikens. Oh well.

BM and his sidekick are just over the line re SLU. Of course Bernie always goes out of his way , when ripping the Bills, to point out how fair he is by bring up a time or two when he said something positive. Some of his "shots" are fair but what really hacks me off is when he condescendingly lumps all Bills fans in one bucket--a bucket that willingly accepts mediocre performances. He talks about us like we are little children. Maybe he needs to read this Board to understand that there are at least two passionate factions making up the Billiken fan base.

If anything, Bernie's little boy Randy is even worse. How can a guy who has been fired by KMOX & KTRS and is now working at a joke of a station have the attitude he has about SLU? Maybe he was denied entrance and had to attend the "Harvard of St. Charles, MO." A day or two ago he was making fun of SLU and the A-10 and joking that the only "valley" league SLU belongs in is the Ohio Valley with SEMO. Of course Bernie thaought that was a riot. What a pair self-righteous arrogant a-holes these two are. It is truly a sorry state of Sports Radio in St. Louis when they are the best (only) option during evening drive time (I don't consider the Queen even an option).

Not really sure why all of a sudden BM has become so hostile. If we really are irrelevant as he contends then he should just ignore us as he has. Randy K - what is up with him? He has really become very angry - maybe it was his firing from KTRS. When a broadcaster makes a statement that is simply hyperbole they demean their on crediability and stature. As far as Lowery is concerned, he is doing well and good for him - not sure how long that will continue for but who knows. BM sometimes shoots from the hip on topics - he would say no but he does at times - so not surprising that he things SIU has all these StL players. Here is a question - why would the Post not have had a photo fromt he game today in the story? It is not like they had to drive very far to get one.

I don't mind Bernie so much, but Randy has been driving me bats. I never paid much attention to him at his previous stops, but I enjoy Bernie's radio show, and have been subjected to Randy as a result. The more I listen to him, the more I've heard him expose his ignorance on a number of different topics - not just SLU basketball.

>SIUC has one St. Louis player on the roster right now

>(Falker) and most considered him a reach/project at the time

>he was recruited. Now Lowery did get the two players from

>McCluer recently, but that makes three St. Louis area

>players on his roster. Am I missing something here?

The Salukis have TWO players from the St. Louis area currently on the roster.

This is the other one:

http://siusalukis.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl...yle_tony00.html

- Nate

Quite frankly, for Karraker to make this claim about SLU and the Ohio Valley is ridiculous. These guys are talking heads that must be saying these things hoping to get a rise and to get people to listen. How are their ratings?

Do these guys know that SLU is 17-10 and 7-6 in the A-10? No, that is not what we want, but the sky is not falling either.