Lady Billikens

volfan

I just found out about this board. I have been STL for about a year now. Moved from Tenn.. So I was a big Tenn vol fan, especially the womens basketball team. Since I moved to STL I cant go watch the lady vols anymore, just watch them on tv or follow them in the paper.

Since I have been here, I watched the the SLU mens bbasketball team, and they are fun to watch, Sodaberg does well what he has. I also have been to the Lady Bills game too, which is tough to watch. I guess coming from Tenn, I have a higher expectation for women basketball.

Just want to find out about the team and coach. I looked up her career record in the media guide and she only has 2 winning seasons in 10 years! Amazing, I would think STL would have a better womens team than they do, just because STL seems to be a great city and a SLU is great univerity. I think this SLU coach Pizzotti, if she was at TEnn and only had 2 winning seasons she would have canned, fired probably after 5 years. I know SLU and Tenn are 2 totally different programs, but I would think the Athletic director at SLU would want to have good womens team also. Does he care about the athletic program at SLU?

I go to the womens games and the girls just look like they are not having any fun out there. Basketball should be fun. They are 6-11 for the season, you would think from a wnit bid last season they would improve but they really suck to put it nicely! I see potential in in the womens program at SLU, a great campus, great school, great city. West Pine gym would rockin if the womens team was good.

Anyone have any insight on the ladys program, will there be any head coaching changes after this season? Her assts look like intelliagble coaches maybe they could do a better job. Change is good some times. I just look at the men and Sodaberg doesnt have great talent but he gets a lot out of them and he is winning. Pizzotti is in the same positon, not great talent, but they could be winning more games. And she isnt, she is losing. Again I might be to hard on the lady bills since I am a lady vols fan, but I think I am making some good points. i want to see both teams suceed. I just look at her 10 seasons at slu and can not believe they have so may losing seasons, guartee if sodaberg had 5 losing seasons in 5 yeras they would fire him

Any one have any opinions or insights

Go Bills!!

Welcome to Stl. and to the board. Sometimes with our administration it is hard to tell what they want. I am not a big fan of Woolard's (the AD) but so far he seems to have done a good job with hiring coaches. At least in his 2 major programs ... basketball and soccer. It had seemed liked the Lady Bills were slowly moving up ... but this season they seem to have regressed. I have been a supporter of Jill's but with what I see this year ... I think it is time to take a longer look at the situation. I don't know enough about the team to say I think she should be fired ... but I think she needs to be evaluated to determine if the school thinks she can make us a winner.

Glad you are becoming a SLU fan.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Men's basketball makes $, quite a lot, for the athletic program. Womens basketball loses a lot of $. I think this has a lot to do with why Pizotti is still around. If there was $ to be made from that program, changes would have been made far more quickly. Maybe the new on campus arena will help with recruiting and maybe with attendance -when they leave the old West Pine gym behind.

Thanks for the respones. Only one thing I do not agree on is the new arena. If she can not win in westine, what makes one think she can win in the new arena. Just a thought. Look at the men they just practice in west pine, but play at savvis, they win, probably not as much as all you would like but they win. the ladies have to play and practice in west pine, i think it is a great place to play for the women. When the new arena comes and they play in that, it might get crowded for the first season just because its a new arena, but if they can not win imagined dead it will, with the 30 people that show up to womens game now at wp it will even look more depressing in the new arena. I remember Pat Summit saying, it doent matter if tenn played in a small high school gym they would still win!What I get out of that is the coach and players have to work to win, a nice will not help.

Go Bills!!

6-11 a pathetic record for this program. look at the men, they win with what they have, they have good talent not great all around talent. Each player know his role. What cant the lady bills be that way. Cant use the excuse they are young, Pizzotti should of had players ready to fill the role from the seniors that left from last season. Pathetic is all I can say!!

YOu don't need to be so harsh! I am sure Coach Pizzotti is trying her best, so you should not go off on her too bad. But maybe you have more information than I have. But thanks for your response, I am interested to see the soccer teams play, Ihave heard good things about both programs, and next fall It will be my first time to see college soccer up close.