Favorite Player?

logitech

I understand that Tommie is far and beyond the best player on the team, but I was just curious who all is your favorite players on the SLU basketball team. Personally, I love watching Kevin when he is playing defense and Tommie is very smooth with the ball, but I really enjoy watching Luke out there. He always seems to be hustling and in the right spot. Overall, I guess I would say that Luke Meyer is my favorite SLU basketball player right now (even though I am WELL aware that he is not the best player on the team).

i don't want to dissapoint the board, and as much as I defend him ... I guess I better say Ian. In reality ... there really isn't one player on this team that that I really gravitate towards, like I have Marque, H, and Jeff Harris

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

As a kid: Harry Rogers.

As a Senior in high school visiting SLU for one night: Ricky Frazier and Carl Johnson.

From my undergraduate days at SLU: Kelvin Henderson and David Burns. Yes, SLU had good players even during the darkness of Ekker.

In the early days under Rich Grawer: PeeWee Lenard, Luther Burden, Carvin Norman.

Later under Grawer: Anthony Bonner, Monroe Douglass, Roland Gray, and Jeff Luechtefeld.

In the first 2 NCAA years under Spoon: Erwin Claggett, Scott Highmark, and H Waldman, with Donnie Dobbs there the first year.

Following was Jeff Harris, a true warrior.

In the 3rd NCAA year under Spoon: Larry Hughes.

In the NCAA year under Lorenzo Romar: Justin Love and Maurice Jeffers.

Also under Romar and under Coach Soderberg: Marquis Perry.

Today's team: Tommie Liddell, Kevin Lisch, Luke Meyer, and Ian Vouyoukas.

My wife (also a SLU grad) has seen the Billikens a bit this year. She is impressed with Luke Meyer.

This first player I remember liking as a child was Pee Wee. Then I like Monroe (mostly cuz my father sung the praises of Roland so much). After that then Dillard for a couple years and then Claggs, Highmark and DD. As I got older I appreciated the role players more, like Redden, MacCauley, Luechtefeld but Perry probably became my all time favorite how tough he was and how he carried that team.

10.Josh Fisher

9. Monroe Douglas/ Roland Gray

8. Mo Jeffers

7. Marque Perry

6. Erwin Claggett

5. Anthony Bonner

4. H Waldman

3. Kevin Lisch/Tommie Liddell

2. Justin Love

1. Larry Hughes