First Practice Event

AMDG

I think there is a limited amount of folks that would want to go watch an open practice. If you looked at the number of active posters here, that would be an approximate.

When Majerus had those open practices 3 years ago there were sizeable turnouts. 100 fans at each practice I bet, and they were at weird times of s

I was told a couple months ago they were hoping to do a fan fest type thing at ball-park village. Meet the players, coaches, etc.

I wonder if that idea wasn't thought through completely and that the uncertainty regarding the Cards playoff schedule has caused them to kill the idea. Or maybe they are waiting to see if the Cards get knocked out in the first round and if they do a bunch of dates will open up and they'll announce something.

Last year was a bit of a disaster as they announced a date and time and it turned out to be immediately after game 2 of the NLCS. Killed attendance.

They did do something along these lines a few weeks back at Busch Stadium during a game. Basically a meet-and-greet, grab autograph session, set-up along one of the concourses. Wasn't there but saw some photos, etc. on Twitter/Instagram.