If I Want To Catch A Good High School Tournament

aj_arete

this week, where should I go. Let's include separately the boys and girls. However, is there any doubt that the Meramec tournament (where I'm definitely going) is the best for the girls. What about the boys, though?

i have been at mascoutah today for 4 games. i agree with tsueg. a lot of very good players at mascoutah. lauren woods, brittany adams and morgan harrington from belleville east. alisha goodwin and jordan crunk from althoff. ofallon is up and coming and regularly play 3 quality freshmen at a time. the super guard ellen young from salem is there. the very balanced and fast teams from highland, central and mater dei. very high level of girls basketball imo.

I'm off to the Normandy tournament. I missed a couple of pretty good ball players earlier in Deandre Gilmore of Ritter and Gateway Tech's Jesse Perry. In the late games I'll get to see outstanding sophomore big man Richard Anderson of Beaumont and outstanding guard Anthony James of Normandy. I cant hardly wait. I'm heading out now. I'm about 90% sure both teams will win so come see those two star players tomorrow night. You wont be disappointed.

Richard Anderson was tossed in the 2nd quarter along with the other 9 players on the court after a mild skirmish. It was a half hour delay while they sorted it out and the coaches argued with the refs. Beaumont still won easily. In the Normandy game, they blew out coach Anthony Beane and his Soldan team Anthony James had a couple dunks, and a couple 3. He had 22 points by my count. I'll let you know the times and matchups for tomorrow later. i fear my almoa mater Normandy might lose tomorrow because they are small and the other 3 teams left all have dominant big men, 6'7 Jesse Perry of Gateway Tech, 6'7 Abel Tillman of Berkeley, and Richard Anderson who was 6'6 last year, but looks a little bigger, I'll give him 6'6 3/4. Beaumont's other big guy is pretty good, but he's undersized, and no i'm not saying they should offer him. Perry, Anderson, and James those guys I think should be offered for sure though.

Meremac has a solid and deep field for the boys. I'll be there for the weekend games. McCluer North-Chaminade rematch should be nice on Fri night at Chaminade. Collinsville has a decent tourney as well. Riverview and McCluer are out there.

Hazelwood Central by 17 over Zumwalt West.

St. Chas West by 23 over Eureka

Webster by 32 over Parkway Central

CBC by 26 over Lindbergh

DeSmet by 12 over Parkway West

Marquette by 16 over Lafayette

Troy by 30 over U City.

Some of the first round games were not as close as the score indicates.

Quarters and semis should be much more competitive games.

On paper looks like St. Chuck West vs Webster, and DeSmet vs Troy in semis which would be nice games(if DeSmet has Bruin and Brandenburg healthy and playing unlike v Chaminade and Vianney recently). But there have been some upsets already. Haven't seen Lafayette play yet but am told the rest of their team is awful of Griffey.