things

p diddy

it is imperative that we win these next three conference games at home.

i'm really encouraged by the play of izik and tom in the past two weeks. both have really come on strong offensively and izik is even playing some defense. when you have two bigs like that as scoring threats in addition to reggie and fish, that really makes us tough to handle.

izik is really looking good. he took over that key stretch of the tcu game and had a nice game against marquette. what was cool about the game was that our top three scorers against marquette (reggie, izik and tom) will be back next year as seniors.

how about tom making those four free throws at the end when we needed them. how clutch was that, especially since he was below 50 percent at the time.

i think we have a good team here folks, just keep your fingers crossed. I hope one of those three freshmen (d.c., jj or ian) can make a move so we can increase our depth. I think we'll need it and i still think ross is a big liability. especially when he can't make open shots. he missed four of those against marquette. those are critical because opposing big men are sitting in the lane like merritt did, jamming things up.

come on ross, hit the open shot. or let ian or justin play.

bad boyz for life

and I think if we started the season over we may even have one extra win under our belt by now. The emergance of IO and Tom has been crucial.

I'm worried though, because I look at our schedule and I think it is imperative that we go 9-5 to have a shot at the dance. I'm not sure where we are going to get the wins though with road games against Cinci, Charlotte, UAB and Memphis and a home game against a very strong Louisville team. If we take care of business everywhere else (including @ Depaul) we will make it but I think we'll slip up somewhere. We are going to need to steal a tough road win and I worry that Marquette was our best opportunity. We never play well at UAB and Charlotte, Cinci looks unbeatable. It may come down to the away game at Memphis and the Louisville game.

and perhpas this is pissing in the win but I think we can make every game competitive including UAB on the road. I know we have only won there once, but this team is playing well on the road now, and we have faced two top flight fast paced teams and held our own in AZ and GT. UAB is good but ECU almost beat them on the east coast.

any time the likes of calipari is coaching the opposition, we have a chance. maybe only pretty q $nyder is a worse floor coach of major college basketball.

two Coach K proteges being labled poor floor coaches. Never would have expected to see that.

I know Quin has a progressive style of coaching where he facilitates instruction rather than dictate it. His line of thinking is that if the players come up with the solution themselves then their retention level is more sustaining. One must admit that Mizzou plays very sound basketball in March and I wonder if there's an underlying reason for it.

K is all that wonderful of a floor coach but he far and away has the better talent every time he matches up. I'm probably brainwashed by watching Billiken games all my life but Duke players do not take good shots and their defense is mediocre. I think Q and Amaker are coaching less talented versions of that system.

that is a good point. never thought of it that way. talent does have a way of covering mistakes and sloppy play.