Notable Upsets

I am barely old enough that i caught the end of the most recent billiken "glory days" when guys like bonner played. What are some of the big upsets the bills have pulled off I remember when we beat Louisville but thats about it.

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

Two of the huge upsets in recent times were the ones already mentioned: Louisville in Marque Perry's Senior Year and Kansas when Ryan Robertson was a Senior at KU. Another one that caught national attention was the Act of God Game in the C-USA Tournament, the Miracle of Memphis, in Lorenzo Romar's first year, when Kenyon Martin went down and SLU beat Cincinnati. Was Cincinnati ranked #1 nationally at the time?

Some more big ones were SLU over DePaul at the Old Kiel in the NIT, in the game that sent SLU to NYC, and SLU winning road games at Wisconsin and New Mexico in the NIT.

And SLU beat Mizzou on a Sunday afternoon at the Dome in Romar's first year. SLU beat Illinois at the Dome in the Larry Hughes year.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

And going back to the year UCLA met Memphis State in one of the greatest NCAA finals - at the Checkerdome in SL (Walton's 21/22 FG game) - SLU beat Memphis in their final home game, thank you Harry Rogers, but didn't even get an NIT bid with a 21-9 record.