Team MVP (thus far)

diggerphelps

My vote, no surprise, is Luke Meyer. Seriously.

The guy is playing his best basketball right now, and is very impressive, playing six inches taller than he is listed -- rebounding, crashing the boards, establishing himself on the perimeter and playing tough defense. This is the Luke Meyer we expected out of Warshington, Mo., and we're finally getting it. I'm glad to see he's got another year too.

He's showing the valuable junior leadership we've been looking for. Vote Meyer for Team MVP.

Paid for by citizens for meyer.

It was Kevin until he got hurt, but now I'd have to go with Tommie.

Luke is a fine role player, but if he can't hit the wide open 10 footer he is a huge liability on one end of the court. Additionally, he has problems keeping his man off the glass. Granted he's always giving up inches and athleticism.

As Brad said earlier, if Luke's the 4, we're in trouble!

Luke's been getting killed on here about his shooting percentage, but everybody DOES realize he has the highest on the team, right (more than 7 shots)?? I think we're all in agreement that he is playing out of position. But this notion that he can't shoot is false.

I'd give my MVP to Kevin prior to last week. He seems to be the heart and sould of the team.

I think what he said was we are a better team with Luke at the 3. He even said he prefered Luke coming off the bench. I think most agree on that ... I'm sure though it was predicated on having a better option at the 4. Hopefully over the next few games AK can start to establish himself there.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I'd have to go with KL and TL as co MVP's. These guys make this team...no doubt about it. I wish IV was more dominant, but if he's sick as stated above or below, than he's got a pass. Think the way you'd look at this would be what player would you least like to lose for a game...I think your choice would be either TL or KL...not Luke Meyer. And yes hats off to LM, he's the type who will give it his all, so this is not a knock on him. Although, I would like to see him those 10-15 footers he poured in in HS.

I also take it that Diggers comment was a joke about Meyer. Anyone that blows as many layups as him, come on. A nice role player, though.

Team MVP would have to be KL. There's no question that Tommie has the most talent on the team, I would find it hard pressed for anyone to argue that. But KL has brought it every night, every play, even when he's been hurt. That being said, Tommie is a close second.

In terms of who I want for the last shot, its KL hands down. He's a shooooter!!! I'd draw up a play to have Tommie at the point, the 4 other players spread wide to open up the lane, and have Tommie drive and KL swing around behind for the kick back and let KL hit the shot.