The Book on Romar has been closed, the Book on Brad nee

Ok, so I'm sick of hearing how Romar leaving hurt SLU. That was in January of 2002. There are no more Romar hold-overs in the program. The book has been closed for a while. We can no longer place blame or whine about Romar's inability to recruit, or whatever you Brad-backers are doing.

I've tried to see eye-to-eye with you guys (Brad-backers) but the facts remain - he hasn't recruited a big-time player to our program who has made an immediate impact. Lisch is emerging, as well as Liddell, but it seems they are backtracking in their progress.

I don't even want to start about Ian, but Great Zeus' Eyeball, what is going on here?

We have a coach who is complacent with what is transpiring, and as alumni, we need to be more vocal to Fr. Biondi that it's time for Brad to start packing.

I am by no means a Brad-backer but how can you say Tommie and Kevin are regressing? Have you looked at their numbers?

Like I have said all along, Coach deserves this season to get this program heading in the right direction. We have lost two very tough games to two very tough opponents. Believe me, if this team tanks I will be leading the charge to get Brad canned. I am a charter member of the ABC after all.

We have to wait every 2 out of 3 years for difference makers. You see how much Soderberg is struggling when the local market is scarce. That's why it's important to be patient with SLU. Now if they strike out w/ the junior class, then you'll see a return to my negativity towards the program.

ORV, I would lay off the coffee, diet coke, uppers whatever-get checked for PKU.

I'm 100% completely behind Brad but he has to make the tourament this year.I love the defense that UB has had in the past and hope he can temper it this year with a new offensive philosophy; so far I don't think he has. Yet, save the bitching until SLU gets an NIT bid or starts dropping conference games. They were underdogs in two games and lost, big deal. SIUC is a top 50 college program, they don't roll over at home and SLU needed a great night to win, they didn't get it. I could even understand the crying if they get beat down in the Missouri State game then the bitching might be reasonable but for right now quit crying.

lisch and dentmon would have never played together. high school foes. dentmon's ego would not have allowed him to be a lisch backup.

aj, lisch plays the point as much as anyone in the half court. he is second on the team in assists and has a very comparable assist to turnover ratio as polk.

to whether he plays in Europe or the NBA. We'll see over the years if he possesses or further develop those skills for the next level. I'll have to watch the Bills more closely over the winter break to see what you see.

Lisch may handle the ball a lot, but he is not the point guard. He is not even the second point guard. Polk and Tommie are both ahead of him. That doesn't mean he can't play it, but we don't need him to. If Dentmon was here they wouldn't be competing for time at all. There's certainly room for another pg, especially one as good as Dentmon. I agree with AJ, Dentmon would take Polk's starting role and we would continue running the 3-guard offense where any one of them can handle it.

why would they have never played together? besides the obvious that dentmon wanted to go to UW and Lisch SLU, I don't understand why? are you saying this because they didn't like each other or because you think they play the same position?

we will see the same war next saturday if price plays. kevin and x played a lot in high school and kevin won the vast majority. i dont think young mr price likes kevin either.

I understand. It just sounded like you thought they'd be competing at the same position and I don't think that'd be a problem considering we have essentially 3 pgs out there at the start of the game anyways and Dentmon's an upgrade over DP.

Side note, I don't think anybody playing against Kevin likes him very much. I say that as a good thing.