I heard tonight that Brad has offered Femi John

VTIME

Is Femi a SG? he is a terrible free throw shooter, especially for a guard, 54%. Shot 41% from beyond the arc but didn't take that many attempt. Should have an increased role on offense this year for McCluer North. I don't know if he is any better for us than Eckerle, Eckerle is 2 inches shorter but a better FT and 3 pt shooter. I would imagine similiar atheleticism, Eckerle supposedly has a 35 inch vertical. I don't if either can play the point at the D-1 level

Femi John is a junior. Paul Eckerle is a senior.

My sources tell me Femi has been offered by several schools, including many in the Missouri Valley Conference.

He's a nice player, about 6-foot-3 or maybe 6-4. Two of his McCluer North classmates, Torres Roundtree and Anthony Booker, are also D-1 prospects. So those three kind of take turns stepping up for the Stars, rather than one player standing out all the time.

- Nate

During the season I saw a kid with a nice perimeter stroke and solid athleticism (somewhere between Luke and Danny) but not much of a mid-range game. Also, a 6'4 195 lb kid should be a better rebounder than he has shown and his free throw numbers are perplexing. I heard he had an impressive summer for Gateway but since I was focused on watching the Eagles I didn't see him play myself. Looking forward to seeing him play against Pinckneywille at the Shootout and at Gateway Tech in the coming weeks. Not sure if I would trust Ramey about John having an actual offer, though.

... how can you "hear" about Femi John and not "know" about Leon Powell? The very name you used as your first registration alias? We all know you live by Ramey Basketball. This was a poor attempt (that worked) in getting cred for a dubious at best web site. Did Femi pay his $30 bucks to the Ramey group and get "rated?" I am sure that if he did, his cred on that site will go up tremendously.

They were talking about Femi John, Anthony Booker, and Torres Roundtree at the Harris-Stowe game last night. They talked about how Booker's stats sucked and I mentioned how Booker was left out last year because they played 4 guards with the high jumping forward Maydum at center, but Booker is very good on the AAU scene, and that's why he has the offers. Then some guys who says he plays in open runs at SLU's gym by paying a $5 All-day pass said that SLU had offered Femi John.

>Don't recall much analysis about this recruit? Is he a

>Danny Brown type player?

Really good midrange shooter. Has a high shooting release over his head similar to Rasheed Wallace. At least 6'3, unless he's grown. Good athleticism, but not on par with his teammate Torres Roundtree, but able to complete a 360. Like Roundtree he's been forced to play a lot of forward because SNC player of the year Kenzie Burke was playing off guard. I'd like to see Torres at pg with John at sg, and that will give us a good read on both of them as they play guard full time with another shooter who played for Gateway over the summer Ryan Goldkamp. I like his game.

Here is a related thread

http://www.billikens.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/8985.html

He still has 2 years to prove something to you. Nothing wrong with Brad offering a kid early who he knows will be heavily recruited later. Kids usually dont get many offers the summer after their sophomore year unless they are doing something very well. If Brad has offered, I think its a smart move. He may be 6'5 by the time he reaches college and with a pure jumper like that he'd be a great fit.