No class from the Illini

so a bad football team that's on probabtion wins their first big game in a long time. What do they do? They try to plant their flag in the middle of Michigan State's field. This wasn't overzealous fans, but the team! Ron Zook was right about one thing...these guys need to learn how to act when they win.

NO CLASS!!!!!

I'm not condoning what the Illinois players did, because they shouldn't have planted their flag in the middle of Michigan State's field. However, if they were to do a classless thing like this, I'm glad they did it at Michigan State, since it was MSU who planted their flag in the middle of Notre Dame's field last year after beating the Irish. I'm just glad the Irish showed some class and didn't return the favor this year after they beat the Spartans two weeks ago.

Why aren't SLU fans allowed to take jabs at other schools from time to time? I've seen you participate more times than I can count. Let's see, when I take a shot at Mizzou or Cincy (which I've done many times) it's okay. If I mention poor old probation-ridden Illinois, everyone gets upset.

Why won't Bruce Weber play SLU? Don't tell me SLU wouldn't like that game. Illinois is upset that they lost to SLU several years ago.

I also know that you don't have the guts to answer when called out, so just go ahead with more chepashots.

>I'm not condoning what the Illinois players did, because

>they shouldn't have planted their flag in the middle of

>Michigan State's field. However, if they were to do a

>classless thing like this, I'm glad they did it at Michigan

>State, since it was MSU who planted their flag in the middle

>of Notre Dame's field last year after beating the Irish.

>I'm just glad the Irish showed some class and didn't return

>the favor this year after they beat the Spartans two weeks

>ago.

2 years ago in East Lansing the ND team planted the flag at mid-field after beating MSU. Last year when MSU came into to South Bend and won, ND did bring with them the Golden Megaphone trophy the teams play for. When asked why it wasn't there Jabba the Weis responded "because we didn't plan on losing it" and the ND AD had to send a student worker to go the the trophy. Because of no trophy and ND's previous year actions, the MSU players planted their flag. ND would have done it this year, but MSU players guarded mid-field to stop them from doing it (which wouldn't have been necessary if MSU coaches and players hadn't completely gagged that game away).

does this really bother people? I guess it must. Emotions are always high after wins and losses and one would think the winning and losing team would both act with class. If they don't think or just don't care and do classless things, then I'd rather have then do something like this then many other classless things that could have been done.

>does this really bother people? I guess it must. Emotions

>are always high after wins and losses and one would think

>the winning and losing team would both act with class. If

>they don't think or just don't care and do classless things,

>then I'd rather have then do something like this then many

>other classless things that could have been done.

Uh, okay. I guess they could have all pulled out guns and started shooting the MSU team. I guess planting the flag wasn't so bad.

Flaming Footsie,

You called down the thunder with an Illinois football post. I can' ever recall a cincy football discussion or even a moo$$ou football discussion here.

I'd love to play Illinois in basketball since they are a terrific program. I'd love another shot at embarrassing the Tigers at hoops too.

Flame on.........(to steal a line from The Torch)

Kevin, you are doing a good smear campaign on Illinois basketball. If I am correct, their compliance department(out of historical necessity) is one of the largest and strictest in the country, making the coaches toe the line. Under Bruce Weber, Bill Self, and Lon Kruger, there have been zero NCAA investigations.

If you want to flame, just wander over to the Illini board and post away, along with the other closet fans. It is a shame we have so many out and out anti-SLU, anti-Illini and anti people posting offal on nonsensical drivel.

in the internet is not cyber-stalking. Feeding a troll doesn't accomplish much I'll admit.

I'll take any Illinois basketball coaches over the creeps who've been ruining the Missouri program. Again, football has little place in the Billiken world. Your original post was a flame, though a subtle one.

Who is the target of this supposed "flame"? I'm just caling out an area school that won't play us because we beat them a few years ago (in the Dome, if I'm not mistaken) and they've been in trouble with the NCAA recently in both football and basketball.

Let's play the game. SLU shouldn't have any trouble scheduling Missouri or Illinois. Teams like Iowa and Iowa State have played SLU over the years. I can go on and on. SLU is a decent RPI game and a short trip. Get it done!

Kevin, please clarify for me Illinois' most recent NCAA basketball investigation. Seems to me "recent" means 25 years ago, in your book. As far as scheduling Illinois, talk to the coaches and AD to let them know of your desire.

Illinois has a four person compliance department, and they have little problem keeping the basketball program on track. What's your beef, other than to flame? Tiger stripes itching ya?

They're basketball probabation was more like 10-12 years ago, and they just had a player arrested. The football team is on probabtion now, so I guess their four person compliance department isn't so hot.

Show me one pro-Missouri post I've made on the board. In fact, I'll bet you on it. Find anything.

Your Illiniwek warpaint must have some lead-based toxins that have impaired your ability to reason.

Kevin, I sincerely posted a serious question. Why the special hatred for Illinois? If you are a true SLU fan, we move in different orbits. The last serious player we butted heads over was Alvin O'Neal, back in 1969.

I can understand animosities against Mizzou. We battle over turf, pride, and recruits. Even then, there are more than a few of us who would enjoy taking pride in a first rate in-state bball program.