How did we win this game?

kshoe

JF had a wonderful take control drive to the hoop and finish, and the foul and I think no one could argue it was not desrving of Play of the Game.

However for those who did not see the game Frericks lossed the ball under the basket in the first half, he dives out of bunds for it with the ball 8 inches off the ground swats it on a line to Drejaj outside the arc at the baseline, who catches sets his feet and hits a three....if not for the original fumble it was sweet....

As for how did we win, the Seniors took over...Sloan's three to bring us within 2 and fisher's drive and FT for the game winner.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We actually played pretty well, but K State had a brillinatly designed game plan. Even though they play man-to-man over 90% of the time, today the played a tight zone and took away our offense within 16 of the basket. We didn't play poorly; we were patient and took the shots that the defense gave us (which happened to be three pointers). Ironically, it was similar to the game plan we used against Datyon. If Reggie didn't start out shooting so cold, we would have had an early double digit lead and would have likely forced them out of their game plan.

and I'd rather have 10 ugly wins than 9 pretty wins and a pretty loss but I think we were exposed a little today.

If an imposing coach was watching the game and he believed in zone defenses I think he'd realize that if you pack it in and stop our big guys we will become a 3-point shooting team and besides Reggie I don't think that is normally a good thing.

Not too many people would be pleased with todays game if K-State had hit their 1-1.

What i'm saying is that, we won, Let's enjoy it. The first post someone sees is always a negative one. What would satisfy the "bills fans" on this board. You complain if you don't win and try to blame any and everyone on the team. And if you do win, you still complain. Who would know how to recognize a true bills fan? Is it because they post everyday on the board, because they're charter members, because everyone knows them. Who else in my position, that's new to the board this season, with all the negative post and all the doubt even before a game is played would know who's a true bills fan. I'm not talking about ones who basically show their support regardless of the situation, I mean ones who are never satisfied, if we go to the NCAA tournament this year, Everyone will love it and speak highly of the team. What does it take for these players to get a break from all the criticism. Do we not think they read these boards, they shouldn't during the season but what if they do?????

This isn't the Big 12 of the past AJ. They are ranked 8th in the RPI, CUSA is ranked 6th. Kansas looks vulnerable. We all know about Mizzou's struggles. Teams like K-State and Nebraska have nice records but haven't played anyone. It is my opinion that K-State will win between 6 and 8 games in the conference this year. These are the types of teams that SLU almost always beats at home. If we want to finish above .500 in conference we need to be a bit arrogant and more importantly we need to beat teams like K-State.

While we did not play a zone VS Dayton, we definitely packed it in the lane VS their bigs and dared them to beat us with 3's. Fortunately, Reggie did get hotter and the K-State kid missed the crucial front end on that 1 and 1...giving Fish the chance VS a K-State man to man defense to win this ballgame.

But if they're shutting down our guys in the inside, wouldn't we revert to our outside game?? Reg wasn't the only one who hit three's. I understand for sure that we must work on our inside game, but when it's not working, then the players most certainly better step it up on the outside. I think most coaches might see that as being versatile in your style of play. Anyone who follows the "Bills" know they have an inside game that can kill a team as well.

this is the softest internet board ever for a college basketball team. Check out the Tigerboard someday when they are losing a game. It will give you some perspective. We all realize that family members read this board and act accordingly. Criticizing the Bills for the way they played today is not out of line. I guarantee you Brad said many things after that game harsher than "we didn't deserve to win".

I thought maybe you were sitting in front of me just a feeling I asked the girl and she said she was just a friend of Reggie's. Just curious. I was the tall blonde dude going crazy in a blue shirt.

If you don't believe me, then you should have read the P-D boards last week after the Rams loss. Fans are also all different...some are happy with any win, and some will only be happy if their team hammers the other team. K-State may have set the Bills and their fans for higher expectations, seeing how they got hammered by UMKC...not your average decent D1 team (although they did also take SMS to OT). If you take everything written here personally then my guess is that you may have an ulcer. Read posts and take them for what they are worth...just a fans opinion...some you will agree with and others you won't...no big deal in the general scheme of things.

There is no reason to criticize for this game. K State played well and so did we. We didn't get the ball inside because they played a 2-3 zone for 39 minutes. That means that they are challenging you to shoot from the outside and we did at one point I think we hit like 7 3 ptrs. in a row. Listening to the coach on the post game he said he had no problem with the 3 pt. shots he prefers to work it inside but that wasn't an option for us today. Today the SLU record for 3pt. attempts and made were broke according to the post game coverage.

Don't think because I'm a family member, that i'm just TALKING!!. I'm very passionate about the game of BASKETBALL PERIOD. I've taken a special interest in the "Bills" of course because of my brother, but he certainly doesn't dictate my views or my opinions. It's not a day that goes by that I get on this board that someone doesn't have any negative comments posted even when we win. For the record, I got off the phone with Reg a minute ago and he said Coach was happy with the win, thought his guys adapted well, could have played better offensively, but thought they played a good game. The post said " how did we win this game??...We didn't deserve to win" I'm commenting on that..... I have read so many and I mean many, negative comments about every player on the Bills team, I mean harsh comments, comments that aren't even necessary. But if this team carries us into the tournament, who will talk then?? I'm routing for this team so hard, so many people who doubt their abilities can be proven wrong, even their "fans".

OK, the girl that was sitting in front that said she was a friend of Reggie was very reserved. She was also very cute and well dressed (in case your interested).

Please take my comments the same way, I say what I mean and I'm done with it. It may seem to you all (who don't know me) that it's personal, it's really just how I feel at this time and since I felt this way before with prior comments, I decided to make my feelings known, as always. Anyone can say whatever they like and so can I. I just gravitate to the criticism, because I'm a lover of the underdog. I thrive for critics to just scrutinize the players and their game, because when these same players defy their expectations, the critics are speechless!!! :)

Are you related to one of the current Bills players? Keep in mind the comments I make are made by someone 1,000 miles from St. Louis as I live in Palm Harbor, FL. I live and die with the Billikens and have for about 40 years now. When I lived in St. Louis, I had season tickets for many years and never missed a game. No one on this board wants to see these kids win more than I do so I share your passion. Glad to have you here and contributing.

i dont know, i dont want to give the zebra's a chance to blow the whistle. so i dont want to body up too much. just enough to make them shoot a tough shot is my opinion. k state didnt do much right down the stretch and we didnt do much wrong. says a lot about team character and coaching imo.

lance looked pretty good offensively. cant say anything about their defense since they sat in their zone the whole game. my memory tells me that lance was indeed considering slu, but not sure where he was on the totem pole with clarke.

aj, middle of the pack doesnt change conference to conference. it is fair to assume approx the top is the upper 1/3, the middle the middle 1/3 and the bottom the bottom 1/3. 4th and 5th place finishers would not be "middle of the pack".

btw, aj, currently conference usa is the higher rated conference so better be careful with your conference slamming. right now the big 12 is only the 8th ranked conference and in all likelihood, it isnt going to change much the rest of the way with the pre-conference games all but over across the country. big 12 is looking like at best a 4 bid maybe a 3 bid conference and conference usa is the 5 or 6 bid conference this year. sorry bud. mizzery better step it up to get to third place. that might be tough. i hope they dont finish "middle of the pack".

i agree with nark. if that kstate team was well coached, they could really become a nice team imo. but i thought the guy made some dumb moves personell wise.

i thought we were really in trouble when i saw at halftime we had shot only 1 free throw. their zone was very effective, but actually, they stayed in it too long. they should have at least matched up with reggie early in the second half as it became obvious that he was dangerous. that ended up being the game difference maker is that reggie just shot out of his cold spell. man he can shoot.

i watched villanova last night vs kansas, and i was thinking how stupid they were to let him get away.