How did we win this game?

kshoe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows? I'll take it...I'm listening on an earpiece at work and almost had a heart attack...is K State that good? Should we feel lucky? Relieved? Worried? Don't get me wrong...I'll take it...I just hope today was an inspired effort by a decent K State team...instead of a "we were lucky as hell to beat a crappy team at home" type game.

I hated the soft defense with 8 seconds left. Reggie actually had been beaten to the spot underneath the basket by his man and was very lucky to get a piece of the ball when he lunged from behind at the entry pass down low. Had he missed, Cartier Martin has a layup and K-State wins.

Thanks for the reports. A few questions. Box score, RB scored 20? Who else? Why would KSU zone us? We all figured our inside game wouldn't be worth worrying about. Did IV play? If so, how'd he look? Is the seven man rotation still in effect?

Thanks in Advance for the answers to above.

>the K-State broadcast didn't even make it sound like they

>got a anywhere near the basklet.

Cartier Martin was wide open under the basket, no Billiken to be seen. Reggie (he had injured his ancle in the second half) was late getting over to cover his man. The pass was just a tad late and Reggie had enough time to recover and make a lunge for the ball tipping it away with his fingertips. He barely got there. Reggie recovered the ball after tipping it away from Martin.

Hey, K-State was a much better team than I anticipated. They have some terrific young players who came off the bench but were much better than the guys they replaced.

Certainly not me. I'm just disapointed that we played poorly against a mediocre team. If we want to finish above .500 in conference we need to play much better than this.

You are right that I would be upset if we had lost this game. We should NOT lose to middle of the road big 12 teams at home. We are better than that.

last year but their non-conference schedule was weak and their point guard was recently injured and in the only game since then they lost by 40 to UMKC.

Lance Harris (from Columbia MO) sounded like he was making a solid contribution. If I remmeber corretly we recruited him but simply lost out to K-State. Is that correct?

>Why would KSU zone us?<<

Reggie Bryant was ice cold in the first half and they had no player who could physically match up with Frericks. Thus, zone cut off the inside and made us shoot. I think Reggie was 1-6 in the first half.

>>We all figured our inside game wouldn't be worth worrying about. Did IV play?<<

Tom gives us an inside game. IV played in the first half. He had a steal and I think 2 rebounds. Looked fine to me. Long arms, big body, good hands ... slow with the feet though. I can't see him playing 4, strictly a 5. Ian was not in long enough to get into the offensive flow and they were playing zone at the time so it was hard to get much of a read on him as an offensive threat. It was great though to be able to replace Tom with another big body.

>>Lance Harris (from Columbia MO) sounded like he was making a solid contribution. If I remmeber corretly we recruited him but simply lost out to K-State. Is that correct?<<

Yeah, this is what Frank C. stated on the cable telecast. Harris has a smooth jumper.

We shouldn't be losing to a 'middle of the road' Big 12 team??? Are you kidding me??? When has SLU not been a MIDDLE OF THE ROAD CUSA team?? Let's win finish in the top of CUSA before beating on our chests.

This was a very good win from a team in a power conference. Let's enjoy it and move on.

My bad, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm happy for the win, I look at this win as the start of a good roll for the team going into conference play. I just knew though that the first post I saw about the results of this game would be a negative one, where someone was dissatisfied with something. I could care less what kind of team K-state may be, I know the Bills have a tough schedule ahead and if they can go into with a winning streak and their momentum high, they may fair better.

If you don't think finishing around .500 in CUSA as middle of the road, I can't help you. Agree that SLU had a strong finish last year with Marque's miracles and also agree that Romar's last team was very underrated. However fourth and fifth place finishes in a 7th to 8th ranked conference is nothing to brag about. Now I know you don't want to go further back to prove that SLU has been a consistent middle of the road finisher in CUSA.