what happened?

boardfan

>>>Bring the offseason board back. Let's have no monitoring of

>>>the offseason board and have very strict guidelines on

>>>talking b-ball on the main board. If you don't like the

>>>offseason board stay off it. If you just want to talk

>>>Billiken hoops, stick to the main board. It seems simple.

>>>Am I missing something?

>>

>>Yes. What you're missing is the majority( and it's a few

>>people at best) of the ones who want to ban the offseason

>>board can't stop themselves from posting on there. They

>>***** and complain about it but you see there names on every

>>other thread. It's like crack to them. They want to stay

>>away but they can't. So it's easier for them to just

>>complain to Steve. They make up stuff like "It was bringing

>>bad vibes to the main board." That's a bunch of BS. Like

>>myself and many others have said, if you don't like it,

>>don't participate on it. That way they would have no idea of

>>who is feuding with who.

>>

>>I'll give a prime example. Ace and myself have disagreed on

>>a number of things on the "regular season" board. But we

>>find common ground on the offseason board on several topics.

>>BUt you don't find me whining that we should get rid of the

>>board because it's causing trouble. I have self control. I

>>can deal with it. There are others on here who apparently

>>can't.

>

>It's not about what a "majority" of posters want; it's about

>what Steve wants. He runs this site. He loves basketball,

>especially the Billikens (we'll forgive him for going away

>to George Washington and spliting his loyalties -- I guess),

>and he created this site to nurture his love for Billikens

>basketball.

>

>Look, the off-season board was an experiment. After plenty

>of trial time, the establishment (which is Steve,

>period, though I'm sure he is willing to consider the

>counsel of certain trusted friends), decided that the

>experiment was detracting from his purpose for the site.

>Therefore, he decided, after weighing things out, that it

>would improve chances that this site would accomplish his

>original goals if he discontinued the experiment.

>

>This site is not publically-owned. If you don't like the

>way things are being managed, you are free to go discuss

>whatever topics you want somewhere else. You can even start

>your own website where you are the establishment.

>

>Bottom line: There is no "off-season" board, and this board

>is for discussion related to the Billikens. Certain posters

>need to stop being crybabies. End of discussion.

Well thanks for putting words in my mouth. I never said I didn't like the way this site was managed. I respect any and all decisions STEVE makes.

My point is, after enough people cried and complained, Steve got rid of the offseason board. It was like with Vtime being banned. There are some long time posters on here who cried about Vtime to the point where Steve felt he had to do something.

You nor anyone else has ever come up with a good reason why it was shut down other that "it brought bad vibes to the regular board." You seem to have no answer when I say the people who didn't like it couldn't stay away from it. Heck, the poll that was conducted was overwhelmingly in favor of bringing it back no matter what you say. But people like you and Roy and Skip are in Steve's ear telling him to discontinue it. Fine. I can accept that. But call it like it is.

Geez, Thicks, the power of moderator has gotten to you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phan give it a break. You don't like start your own board. And, iIwas here at the time, but V wasn't band according to everything I read. He was suspended. He was suspened not for the topics but for flaming the board with a sh*t load of topics. I believe this has been pointed out to you many times.

>Well thanks for putting words in my mouth. I never said I

>didn't like the way this site was managed. I respect any and

>all decisions STEVE makes.

>

>My point is, after enough people cried and complained, Steve

>got rid of the offseason board. It was like with Vtime being

>banned. There are some long time posters on here who cried

>about Vtime to the point where Steve felt he had to do

>something.

I'm pretty sure Steve made the decision independently and when HE was sick and tired of the outcomes of the experiment. I know that I NEVER said one single word to Steve about the off-season board before he took it down. I usually didn't read it. I almost felt like I was shirking my duties as moderator for not reading it.

>You nor anyone else has ever come up with a good reason why

>it was shut down other that "it brought bad vibes to the

>regular board." You seem to have no answer when I say the

>people who didn't like it couldn't stay away from it. Heck,

>the poll that was conducted was overwhelmingly in favor of

>bringing it back no matter what you say. But people like you

>and Roy and Skip are in Steve's ear telling him to

>discontinue it. Fine. I can accept that. But call it like it

>is.

Again, it was an experiment. It was never written in stone.

>Geez, Thicks, the power of moderator has gotten to you.

Really? Oh, you hurt my wittle feelings! Let me whine and moan like Billiphan!

>Wow.

>

>Nailed it.

>

>I could not have said it better myself.

Steve, while I have stated I don't agree with the decision, I certainly respect your authority. I thank you for providing the board.

Can you tell me if I was a reason for the demise of the offseason board? If I was, I would like to apologize to the board. Usually, I thought I debated with others in a respectful manner. Even Roy and Rich have said that.

>>Well thanks for putting words in my mouth. I never said I

>>didn't like the way this site was managed. I respect any and

>>all decisions STEVE makes.

>>

>>My point is, after enough people cried and complained, Steve

>>got rid of the offseason board. It was like with Vtime being

>>banned. There are some long time posters on here who cried

>>about Vtime to the point where Steve felt he had to do

>>something.

>

>I'm pretty sure Steve made the decision independently and

>when HE was sick and tired of the outcomes of the

>experiment. I know that I NEVER said one single word to

>Steve about the off-season board before he took it down. I

>usually didn't read it. I almost felt like I was shirking

>my duties as moderator for not reading it.

>

thicks,

alumnifan claimed that he was having a behind the scenes dialogue with Steve about the offseason board right around the time it was disbanded. There certainly were crybabies lobbying Steve about the offseason board.

"I think that Steve, if he is honest, can also attest to this. He put in place the "For the Time Being..." thread several hours after ACE attacked me on the main board calling me a "rabid dog". The postings are archived in more than one place. I know that Steve specifically responded to ACE saying the he was "not at all" the reason for the change, but I respectfully challenge this assertion using the PRIVATE and public factual dialogue that took place regarding this as evidence. I will respectfully defer to Steve for any comment in the event that anyone challenges this assertion."

Ace, I can't really speak for Steve, but I really don't think there was a single underlying reason for the failure of experiment, other than, as I said, it detracted from the primary goal of the site, so I don't think you should hold a cloud over your head that maybe you or any particular discussion you had contributed any more to the failure of the experiment than any other factor.

In other words, "Don't believe the hype," and "Stop beating yourself up.)

Thanks thicks. I was pretty sure alumnifan's claim was false. I am glad to hear that Steve's decision was his own and not swayed by those who no longer wanted to talk current events because their President had taken a nose dive. Thanks for offering the board and I look forward to the start of the season! I think it's going to be a good one.

The know it all idiot speaks ... as usual though is full of crap. I never asked or even suggested to Steve that he remove the off season board. In fact i've only emailed him once or twice ever and those were dealing with the get together we had. If I was going to email him about the board it would be though to suggest banning you which I certainly am a huge proponent of.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

on august 9th you posted that you hadnt read the board for quite some time and was coming back now (august 9th) for the basketball season and was surprised to see the offseason board gone. how did you know that skip had a disagreement if you werent around?

surely we dont have another multiple moniker poster on our hands do we?

Maybe you should go through the archives (if they're still around) and not just take the word of somebody who lobbied to get V-time banned.

Yes I will use the word "banned" because that's what the lynch mob was calling for. Steve suspended V-time for several months. You can use the "suspended" euphemism if it makes you feel better.

The point is that the people calling for V-time's banishment later came back with a bunch of profanity and threats of violence without any "suspension" at all. Hypocrites all!!!!!

V-time made one post that made a far-fetched claim, and the "establishment" on the board called out to get his "rap-loving" butt kicked off.

That said, I don't blame Steve one bit. He's not the babysitter. I do blame the hypocrites on here though. Steve does a good job on here.

> The know it all idiot speaks ... as usual though is full

>of crap. I never asked or even suggested to Steve that he

>remove the off season board. In fact i've only emailed him

>once or twice ever and those were dealing with the get

>together we had. If I was going to email him about the board

>it would be though to suggest banning you which I certainly

>am a huge proponent of.

>

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H

>Waldman

I"m sure you would like me banned. That way I couldn't bring up how you chickened out of our get together. You threatened me with violence and then weren't man enough to back it up. People like you are what's wrong with message boards. You can't take a little argument. You had to get violent. It's a shame. I hope recruits dont read this and get scared away by you.

>on august 9th you posted that you hadnt read the board for

>quite some time and was coming back now (august 9th) for the

>basketball season and was surprised to see the offseason

>board gone. how did you know that skip had a disagreement

>if you werent around?

>

>surely we dont have another multiple moniker poster on our

>hands do we?

It's funny that Roy, he of the 14,000+ posts is always accusing someone of having multiple monikers. If anyone is guilty it's you Roy. God knows you have the time to post 80 times a day. I wouldn't be suprised if you have 4 or 5 profiles on here.

Do you really think anyone believes you showed and I didn't. Get real.

I still say we could have a sanctioned boxing match. I can get the facilities. It won't be violence, it will be sport. We can each throw in $100. and the winner takes all. We could probably get some posters to pay a little to watch and we could donate that money to Steve for upkeep of the board ... there we have it a billikens.com charity boxing match ... would you show? I'll expect we both give our $100. to a neutral party in advance ... that way I know I get paid.

yes I art the guy. who are you? and why would you think your opinion counts.

and to get it straight ... I merely stated in response to being called names completely unprovoked ... that the people who do that should have the balls to do it to my face or anyone's face. If the instigator whoever it may be says the same things to my face ... yes some one would get hit. It's easy to be a tough guy on the internet. I'm accesible ... if you've read the board at all ... you can find me. If you're not sure ... let me know, I'll tell you how. I still stand by that ... if you want to call that threatening violence ... so be it.

>

>Do you really think anyone believes you showed and I didn't.

>Get real.

>

> I still say we could have a sanctioned boxing match. I can

>get the facilities. It won't be violence, it will be sport.

>We can each throw in $100. and the winner takes all. We

>could probably get some posters to pay a little to watch and

>we could donate that money to Steve for upkeep of the board

>... there we have it a billikens.com charity boxing match

>... would you show? I'll expect we both give our $100. to a

>neutral party in advance ... that way I know I get paid.

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H

>Waldman

Yes I do think people believe me based on the fact that I was actually there. Also at 12:01 you got on here and posted something like "this is Skips brother logging on for him. He is there right now and says you're not." It was comical. It was something a 6th grader would pull.

But anyways, I bet you'd like to get in a ring with me. What a pervert. Perhaps you can get one of your buddies from Magnolias to join you in the ring.

I think you go out of your way to try to prove you're some tough guy. I think you're all talk.

Besides why would I give you the pleasure of trying to hit me. I have the upper hand on you now. I can just go up to your lot, test drive a car, and --edit (mess it up) edit--. It's fun.

You know you weren't there ... my brother posted because I called the lot.

If you were willing to show up then ... why not now. Seriously, a Bill.com charity boxing match. Why not.

Like you said I'm a wuss ... you should enjoy yourself. I feel confident you would win ... I'd end up looking like an idiot and we could raise a bit of money. Don't you want to help raise some funds for the board. We could even donate the winnings to the SLU athletic dept.

So now I'm gay? and if I am all talk ... why not agree to a boxing match. If I don't show ... everybody will know that I am a chickensh..

Come on by and test drive. I'd love to have you ...

Just say yes or no If you say yes I'll set it up. ... after this I'm done with you because I know you will say no and then try to insult me again ... that's fine. I just read Steve's post on why he shut down the offseason board and he is right ... Why don't you agree to just ignore my posts and leave me out of yours. I will do the same. You brought this up again by stating I emailed Steve to shut down the off season board ... which isn't true.

You are a liar, plain and simple. My "claim", as you refer to it, was not false, however, you are either a liar, stupid, or both.

FACT: The entire argument is over whether or not Steve put the "For the time being thread" in place after YOU attacked me by calling me a "rabid dog" in a political context.

FACT: The argument to which you SPECIFICALLY refer had NOTHING to do with the Offseason board.

FACT: After you attacked me with the "rabid dog" political attack (AGAIN bringing politics and the Offseason board onto the main board) I responded, but Steve (or another moderater...THicks or Nark) deleted the entire thread INCLUDING my response to your biased political attack.

FACT: This entire exchange occurred well AFTER the demise of the Offseason board!!!! Hence, it had NOTHING to do with the Offseason board within the context of the Offseason board being shut down, a point which you have CONTINUED to LIE about.

FACT: I e-mailed Steve complaining NOT about the Offseason board per se, but rather about the attacks that persisited, in part by YOU, on the main board which disrupted the conversations about Billiken Basketball. Additionally, I suggested that we consider setting up a separate board (i.e. separate URL, separate site, separate moderators) for basketball discussions ONLY, and keeping the current board for whatever people wanted to discuss (politics, schools, basketball, favorite restaurants, etc.).

FACT: Within HOURS (less than 6) of my e-mail, Steve deleted the entire exchange as referenced above and then indicated that he was not going to tolerate the political and personal bickering which had nothing to do with Billiken Basketball. This is what you, in part, caused. LIE, LIE, LIE about what I said, but it is all there for anyone who wants to take the time to read.

FACT: For the last TWO MONTHS YOU HAVE OBSESSED about this, BEGGING anyone and everyone to take your side and prove that you had nothing to do with the demise of the Offseason board.

FACT: I NEVER said you were the reason for the demise of the Offseason Board.

FACT: You CONTINUALLY LIED that I said you were the sole reason for the demise of the Offseason Board.

FACT: This is clear evidence of MORE follow over from the Offseason Board to the main board - it doesn't matter whether a person reads the Offseason Board or not, it carries over to the main board EVERY DAY. How can any intelligent, literate individual deny that without looking like an idiot.

This is PRECISELY why we need to focus on Billiken Basketball and leave the Offseason Board alone.

We ALL caused the demise of the Offseason Board by our collective childish antics, but certain posters could not leave the disagreements on the Offseason Board and choose to carry them over to the main board and we all know who they are.

Now, you will use my response as evidence that I still want to argue BS on the Offseason Board, but, of course, if I do NOT respond, then my "claim", as you call it, stands as "false" by virtue of your lies.

The ultimate solution is a completely separate board that is monitored where anyone who flames or deviates from Billiken talk simply has A) their posts deleted, B) is suspended for repeated violations, and, finally C) has their MULTIPLE IP addresses (cell phones, office PCs, home PCs, public PC, etc.) and handles permanently banned for failure to respect the wishes of those who wish to simply talk basketball. This is a solution that would be welcomed by some and would eventually develop a community where people like you, who will not DROP the political debates, will be left to post on other non-Billiken Basketball sites. Steve doesn't want to do it, which I respect, but there are plenty of people who wouldn't mind funding it and setting it up.

Simply put: Registration of URL - $50. Fee to webmaster to design site: $2,500. Server space: $500. Not having to listen to ACE whine about politics and AlumniFan: PRICELESS....

glad to see you post coach. Remind us again how come you don't coach anymore. Could it be your dream ended. There have been quite a few idiots that have posted on here over the last few years, but your insisting that you used to be an ex D1 player and coach is by far the funniest. The question that begs to be answered is didn't you have to complete some kind of higher education. Say Hi to Dexter Manley at your next reunion.