Great stu durando article today on recruiting

Good article. Nice job as always by our paper.

I'm curious to hear from the people in the know. Where does this 2008 class rank among previous classes over the past 20-25 years? Will it be considered one of the deeper classes or am I just falling victim to the increased attention these things get these days.

would have liked it even more if there had been a quote like "Did you see Soderberg at the game? I'd love to play for the Billikens." or even better yet something about how all the Eagles loved playing together and were hoping to find a local college they could all go to and contribute immediately.

That was good...too often we see it only from the coaches side, ie they are sweating it out who will take their offers...but the kids are trying to impress as well...at least the lower rung players. I agree with the poster above Kramer may be the best marketing tool we have these days...Now, here's a question since UB is a parent can he have K's friends over for a cookout? If he can, I hope he doesn't own an ATV...we know how that went for a certain school.

...during the Hoosier Shootout. So he got to chill in the stands talk to the kids after the games go to team meals with everyone and mingle with the other parents in attendance. It might be to the point now where the kids take Brad's presence at the games for granted, because they know he is going to be there. You know like a nice constant to help a kid through the trying transitional time in life that college can be.

I'm just hoping the Perry injury isnt serious. 6'7 pg's are very hard to come by. After growing from 6'1 to 6'7 since he started high school he has had to adjust to his new body. He kept his pg skills though. He has to keep working on that jump shot and work on getting stronger so he injuries can stop holding him back. If he gets those two areas together, he's unstoppable at the high school level and a major prospect.

I sure could hear a lot of people crying about what an unfair recruiting advantage it is. I suppose if we are lucky enough to land a few from this class the folks from other local programs will be doing just that.

I'm not worried that Brad hasn't gotten all this pre-cleared with compliance but lets just hope our compliance department knows what they are doing or even if they've talked to the NCAA about this the NCAA doesn't have a change of heart. Its not like the NCAA has never been two faced on potential recruiting violations.