How far is it....?

from Vandeventer to Compton Aves? In miles/meters, etc. It looks like about a 6 block stroll from the Student Village apts. (3800 W. Pine) to the new Arena (3200) which shouldn't be too far until January 0 windchill night games.

Since most of my classes were in Davis-Shaughnessy back in the early 60's and I never went west of Spring, nor was there anything east of Grand, I remember a compact campus. It looks like a bike or skateboard would be a good idea there now. I don't remember anything but shoeleather to get around back then.

My Universitas just arrived this week. I guess the nonprofit postage rates puts this class of mail on a slow truck or train to the coast. I enjoyed reading Fr. Biondi's Message and hope he makes it home from Beirut OK.

you can straight up laclede in about 10 minutes from vandeventer. It's about the same time driving around on lindell/olive. compton and laclede is Harris-Stowe. Stop by. We can talk hoops or I can beat you in some hoops. Either one is cool.

It looks like eastbound Laclede Ave. will end at 3400 and turn into a walkway to Compton and a no name road on the south side of the Arena will lead to the lot west of it. The P3 garage looks like the best bet to park for games. Does the Bi-State bus run down Compton now or does everyone taking mass transit walk from Grand?

I'm planning on being there in 2010 when I attend my 50th SLUH reunion.

vandeventer to compton is almost a mile. it is a good 15-20 minute walk.

I walk it twice a day, or most of it -- my office is in Humanities, 3800 Lindell; my parking garage is the one at Compton.

you can do it in 10 minutes, but only if you run.

Yeah, Doc, yours is the most accurate description. I lived in Marguerite for 2 years and the Village for another 2, and going to my intramural soccer games (which were basically next to the softball field) took at least 15 minutes. It's a beautiful walk down West Pine, though.

I figured the map was not exactly drawn to scale, thus the question. One more: does SLU own all the land colored green? I'm especially wondering about the vacant looking eastern end of the Medical Center map. It looks like there is lots of room to grow if so.

Also curious if you see many bikes/skateboards around campus?

Where would you walk from Vandeventer? From the Islamic Center?

The location of the Arena will be very typical....about where the Cintas is for Xavier (they do ok, BTW)

Most of the Students live in Grand Forest, Marchetti, Reinert and the Greis complex. Which is a short walk from the arena...

Fusz is by Spring... a little farther....

The frats are at DeMat....they only go if the all go together.

Marguerite is mainly freshmen....they won't mind the walk

The rich kids in the Village will probably drive....

Student Life can make it more fun by doing pre-parties at the Busch Center....which is close to the arena.