5 Questions

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're kidding here. More than half of the posts in this thread have nothing to do with Billiken basketball. I'm not asking you to do anything about it, but you can't really say that a bunch of guys debating which newscaster they'd like to bed down has much to do with SLU.

The thread is related to Billikens basketball. Go back and read the thread seed. Of the five questions, four were directly related to SLU basketball. However, in the spirit of The Morning Grind, the fifth question was thrown in. That radio show is like that, and this board can be like that, too. No matter how much I may have disliked the nature of the fifth question, I think this thread has to be a Billiken-related thread, not an offseason thread. Many people don't read the offseason board, so wouldn't it be unfair for readers of this site to miss out on the insight into the Bills by designating it "off-topic" because many of the posters focused more on the fifth question?

While moderators have the capability of deleting posts and threads, only the administrator has the capability of moving a thread from one forum to another. And for some readers, moving a thread to an off-topic board would be tantamount to deleting it. Would anyone have me delete this thread?

Thicks, with all due respect, read the whole thread. Yes, it started but look where it went. Why did it go there? Because there was no offseason board. The Morning Grind is about all sports. I guess the way around it then is to start every post about Billiken basketball and then throw in something totally unrelated.

Did you actually read them? It's a bunch of middle-aged men debating whether or not they'd have sex with Karen Foss. I'm not asking you to move, delete, or do anything. While 80% of the original post was about basketball, more than half of the responses fall into the "dirty old man" category and have nothing to do with the team.

Are we reading the same thread here? I don't really care if it stays or goes, but if you'd like I'll copy and paste all of the posts in this thread that have nothing to do with basketball.

I actually didn't read your post. Karen Foss just so happens to be a rather famous news anchor here, for the last 30 years or so. I also mentioned Deanne Lane, Julius Hunter, and Herb Humphreys. You must examine each post I make, hoping to come back with another cheapshot.

Way to keep your pledge, you bozo! That's about 10 times now that you've broken your pledge and responded to my posts. I realize we have no respoect for each other, but maybe you could show a little respocet for the rest of the board and quit doing this garbage. I don't think anybody cares to read your cheapshots directed at me.

I know that there is zero chance of this happening. You'd have to develop some integrity first.

To the rest of the board...I won't start anything with rich, but after the perverted stuff he's thrown my way, I will respond and call him out each time.

footsy wrote,

"You'd have to develop some integrity first."

now that is funny. these days when i see footsy has posted, i think of gomer pyle on the old "Andy Griffith Show" running around yelling,

"citizen's arrest....Citizen's arrest"

it has been a long time since you posted anything of worth. you have become a sad character acting as the unofficial board policeman. if we had to pay to read per post, i'd take billiken rich posts any day before what you have become to billikens.com.

I have an idea, how about we all get together at my apartment and have some delicious Natty Light and work our problems out. I like this board and find that when the discussions get off topic, more people post and get excited. This 5 questions was a great post and got a lot of responses, great job GreecewithLove. People started talking about hot news anchors (even though it's Anchorman!!!, if you don't get that joke you must be old). Even thought that happened, large numbers of people posted and went to the various websites to look these people up. The post got people interested and doing research, nothing wrong with that.

>footsy wrote,

>

>"You'd have to develop some integrity first."

>

>now that is funny. these days when i see footsy has posted,

>i think of gomer pyle on the old "Andy Griffith Show"

>running around yelling,

>"citizen's arrest....Citizen's arrest"

>

>it has been a long time since you posted anything of worth.

>you have become a sad character acting as the unofficial

>board policeman. if we had to pay to read per post, i'd

>take billiken rich posts any day before what you have become

>to billikens.com.

I'm sorry. I wasn't going to chime in but this was too funny. Roy was actually trying put the "board policeman label" on someone else. Roy leads the charge, captains the ship and is first in line when it comes to the board police. In fact, Roy you championed getting rid of the offseason board. How many posts have you had on this offseason topic? 6-8? No self control.

steve decided to get rid of the offseason board without any solicitation from anyone. we discussed it after the fact, not before. but that wouldnt be the first time you had your facts mixed up.

>I deleted your post because it contained pr0fan*ty, not

>because you disagreed with me.

My apologies for implying the message was deleted because you disagreed with me. I thought inserting an * was accepted procedure for conveying a curse word without actually spelling it out in full. Besides, the way I phrased it was no more cruder than the actuall question, not that I having anything wrong with it being asked, but please.

>steve decided to get rid of the offseason board without any

>solicitation from anyone. we discussed it after the fact,

>not before. but that wouldnt be the first time you had your

>facts mixed up.

I never said you were the first to solicit Steve to get rid of the offseason board only that in your role as board police you were in favor of it. Just like I'm sure you were in favor of banning Vtime initially. There have been a number of times where you have whined about various aspects and posters on the board. It's just who you are - the meddling, annoying nobody. And speaking of having facts mixed up. Aren't you the one who suggested that BOTH Leon Powell and the kid from Carbondale were academic liabilities when you had no proof at all? And then when it was pointed out that the kid from Carbondale(his name escapes me) was on the honor roll you admitted you were wrong?(A first time for that)

It looks like my "5 Questions" has really stirred things up. The post was meant to incite some talk about Billiken Basketball and to have some fun. The summer is a slow time for college hoops and it seems like every post over the past two months ends in constant argument and cheapshots at other posters. I was constantly seeing people take shots at eachother, but we are all Billiken fans. I thought the "5 Questions" would bring good discussion and get people talking about some of the good times of Billiken Basketball, maybe bring the board together a little bit. I don't see why everyone can't just have fun with this, the majority of posters seemed to. The thread did get off the topic of Billiken Basketball, but what is the harm of some posters having fun and discussing whether or not "they would" with various tv personalities in the StL?

billiphan said on the immediate prior post,

"I never said you were the first to solicit Steve to get rid of the offseason board"

billiphan said in a post just prior to that,

"In fact, Roy you championed getting rid of the offseason board."

so in the space of just two posts you cant get right what you are accusing me of. that's about par for the billiphan course.

the fact is, i only commented with my opinion about the offseason board after steve cancelled the board. not before.

you are way wrong on vtime. when vtime was being banned, i posted that he should not be banned. after he was banned by steve and he continued to post i reminded him that steve had banned him on a subject we were debating. but i was never in favor of vtime being banned originally. i challenge you to find that post prior to vtime being banned where i ever made such a statement.

and you are wrong on both powell and jamal tatum. vtime continued to search for a reason that powell wasnt getting a slu offer. i simply asked if powell had qualified yet because i have always agreed that powell basketballwise should be getting an offer as well. so i asked vtime if he knew powell's academic status. vtime constantly claims to be a vashon insider, so if anyone could find that out, it would be him.

as to tatum, i phrased the post wrong. after you accused me of such, i admitted that it could be read that way, and apologized to tatum for my poor phrasing.

it is always interesting to watch you and your brother footsy try to destroy the billikens.com community though. in almost every case, you only serve to bring the rest of us more united.

>billiphan said on the immediate prior post,

>

>"I never said you were the first to solicit Steve to get rid

>of the offseason board"

>

>billiphan said in a post just prior to that,

>

>"In fact, Roy you championed getting rid of the offseason

>board."

>

>so in the space of just two posts you cant get right what

>you are accusing me of. that's about par for the billiphan

>course.

>

>the fact is, i only commented with my opinion about the

>offseason board after steve cancelled the board. not

>before.

>

>you are way wrong on vtime. when vtime was being banned, i

>posted that he should not be banned. after he was banned by

>steve and he continued to post i reminded him that steve had

>banned him on a subject we were debating. but i was never

>in favor of vtime being banned originally. i challenge you

>to find that post prior to vtime being banned where i ever

>made such a statement.

>

>and you are wrong on both powell and jamal tatum. vtime

>continued to search for a reason that powell wasnt getting a

>slu offer. i simply asked if powell had qualified yet

>because i have always agreed that powell basketballwise

>should be getting an offer as well. so i asked vtime if he

>knew powell's academic status. vtime constantly claims to

>be a vashon insider, so if anyone could find that out, it

>would be him.

>

>as to tatum, i phrased the post wrong. after you accused me

>of such, i admitted that it could be read that way, and

>apologized to tatum for my poor phrasing.

>

>it is always interesting to watch you and your brother

>footsy try to destroy the billikens.com community though.

>in almost every case, you only serve to bring the rest of us

>more united.

Lesson time for Roy.

billiphan said on the immediate prior post,

>

>"I never said you were the first to solicit Steve to get rid

>of the offseason board"

>

>billiphan said in a post just prior to that,

>

>"In fact, Roy you championed getting rid of the offseason

>board."

>

>so in the space of just two posts you cant get right what

>you are accusing me of. that's about par for the billiphan

>course.

There is a difference. You can be "for" something but not be the first. In fact, a champion is "An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person." That doesn't mean you were the first but after the topic came up you were in favor of discontinuing the board. I know exactly what I'm accusing you of, it's being a nosy, meddling annoyance.

And as far as Powell goes, you simply didn't ask(I love your revisionist history) you implied that there must be an academic reason that SLU hadn't offered. Don't give me that garbage cause no one is buying it. And at least you partially admitted you disgraced Tatum's name without knowing the truth.

And okay so you weren't for the ban of Vtime(I don't believe that) but you snitched on him when he continued to post. Like I said originally, you're the board police.

You're the guy who brags about inspecting the length of his neighbors' lawns and wants to have troubled youths spend the weekened with him to get straightened out.

I've tried to end things with rich on numberous occasions and he keeps coming back with more cheapshots. I would think the board could do without, but apparently you disagree.

roy, why don't you just stick to your bad basketball observations, like telling us how IV was making a big mistake playing for his national team instead of hanging out at West Pine? Or maybe you can make up more rumors about teenagers and their grades!