Quin speaks ....

Taj79

... I know this is the Bills board but this off ESPN on the continuing Mizzou issue.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1603791

What's interesting to me at the end of the story is how the coach says he's backing the investigation by the compliance department. Why wouldn't he say more about the overarching effort? Does he really believe its not necessary?

But I guess no one really cares.

taj, i mentioned in another post today that today i heard on kfns on frank c's show a professor at missouri that is extremely active and vocal about the inequities at missouri for the "bigtime sports programs" at missouri and the leeway's granted to the tiger athletes in football and basketball. if this guy is any indication of the people involved in the inquiry, pretty q is in deep trouble. he obviously had borderline hate for what is going on in columbia with the athletes. he didnt say this, but judging by his comments, if it was up to him, missouri would join the patriot league or drop down to division III.

Roy, I think there's a lot more than meets the eye at Ole Mizzery. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy wacko, but when you got the type of money some of Mizzery's big time boosters do (remember Carl Sagan saying billions and billions) and their heirs just happen to be on the squad....well.....I think when all is said and done Teflon Q's going to come out of this smelling like a rose. Do we like it? No, because in my opinion he's one of the sleaziest coaches around. The guy has sold his soul to the Big Blue Devil for a shot at a national championship.

>Due to the conditions of his parole, Ricky is stuck in Boone

>County unless he receives the consent of the court to move

>elsewhere.

Since you are an attorney, I would have thought you would have been the last person to make such a mistake.

Clemons is not on parole. He's on probation. To say he's on parole suggests that he was sentenced to a term of longer than 60 days but was granted parole after 60 days.

Furthermore, I thought the condition was that he can't leave the state without permission. I don't think he's limited to Boone County.

Yeah, i was wondering that too, but at Thicks pointed out, a student load could have been attained fairly easily. Even if boosters did pay for everything (tuition, books, rent), does it really matter anymore? If he has no affiliation with the athletic dept., I would assume people can give him all the money they want. Is there a rule?

First of all, I paid for mine with help from the GI bill and loans. But as I understand Pell grants and loans they take awhile. Up until a month ago RC thought he was on scholarship. Course maybe that explains why the FBI wanted the tapes-he had a friend in the loan office promising to cut some red tape for him.

I would assume no rule against making donations to the RC educational fund. But are they doing this out of the goodness of their heart or is it hush money? C'mon with all the allegations ( please note Thicks I said allegations) surrounding this guy doesn't it make you wonder why everyone at Mizzery is so interested in his future well being?

Thicks, that was a typo on my part; I meant to write probation, not parole. The condition may be restricted to the entire State of Missouri, not just Boone County, but I believe that Ricky has to maintain regular contact with his probation officer in Boone County.