Donations by check temporarily Suspended

Everyone-

We are up to $250! Woo! You guys rock!

I took down the option to donate by check temporarily. I will leave for Washington DC Tuesday, and I just want to play it safe with checks. I don't want to have checks arrive at my house when I am at GW. If needed, I will put up my Dorm address either the 28th or 29th.

You can still donate by PayPal if you wish.

But I just wanted to let you guys know.

Steve

ditto what schasz said! to those of you that havent donated yet, steve had to switch to a better server to not only handle the increased traffic, but become more secure since some "wonderful" regular visitor had decided this past spring to hack the site and ruin it for everyone else. thus steve began incurring high costs to keep the site open.

now i dont know the exact number that is registered (at one time i believe it was something like 160 names), but i am sure it is less than half of the folks that visit regular and just read let alone post. my b!tch is why is this campaign at only $250 after nearly a month? steve said he will only take what is needed to pay his bill. that probably works out to less than $3 per regular visitor if everyone did their share. now i am not naive enough to believe that everyone will do the right thing, so of course others will have to pick up the slackers and cheapo's and pay their way, so let's assume that we have to carry the weight of 2 slackers. $9. send the site $9 and steve has the cash to keep the site open another year. my gosh, you go show me a pay site that is $9 per year that you visit regularly. that works out to less than 3 cents per day per year. come on folks.

Let me third that sentiment. Well said Roy. I can't beleive Steve is not at or past the amount needed. It says something about Steve and his dedication to this site ... when we are still short and Steve's comment is ... you guys rock.

Come on anyone who hasn't donated a few bucks ..Please do so now !!

Steve clearly states that the donations are voluntary. Personally, I think it's fantastic that he's gotten 83 percent of a year's worth in just a few weeks, and I think the members of ths community should be applauded, rather than lambasted.

I haven't been able to donate myself, and by the time I get any expendable income (October), I'm sure Steve will have the first year covered, at this rate. If not, I'd be happy to donate.

I bet there are a lot of great things accomplished with peer pressure, of course if someone cannot financialy help at this time then don't. But on the other hand if someone can and hasn't if a little peer pressure will help ... then so be it.

This board is for us ... and there is no reason Steve should have to come up with $1. to keep it going ... I'm sure he puts plenty of time into keeping this up and going.

I hate to say it ... but my day feels incomplete if I don't get my Billiken fix ... and this board is fantastic.

i agree with skip. no one should feel pressured to give up necessities of life to donate to the billiken board. but i find it hard to believe that of the readership, that is the general rule. it would be interesting to know what number of separate donations steve has received. i do not think it would be fair to name names and amounts, but i am betting as usual, it will be an obscenely small group that is carrying the load. it shouldnt have to be that way. send a dollar or five each and it is a done deal.

Donations are absolutely voluntary, no one should feel any pressure or obligation to donate. If you want to donate, great, if not, no problem. I extremely apprecitiate it if you do. But definitely don't feel obligated or anything.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Steve