Nike Hoop Jamboree???

My initial reports from my sources state that Michael Jordan was at SLU's campus for the Camp. I should get more info. tomorrow that is all I know now.

The rec center was open as usual, so if you were a member you could get in as could parents with proper identification. I happened to be running on Wednesday afternoon on the rec center track,so I could look down and see all 6 courts. All 6 courts were running 3 on 3, 4 on 4 and 5 on 5 drills and scrimmages. A bunch of good looking players including power forward who looked enormous. Every once in a while Raveling would blow his whistle and get everyone over to one court and run through team defense or some other aspect of the game. His emphasis on team defense was defensive positioning away from the ball and proper rotation on ball movement. One thing that caught my eye was the number of elderly assistant coaches running the show - they seemed to be the majority of the coaches on the 6 courts (they were running half court games and drills so 12 games or sets of drills were going on simultaneously). I wonder if the older coaches were NBA scouts or NBA assistant coaches. Just too much going on at one time to focus in closely on any one player.

jordan's son, jeffrey, is one of the top incoming freshmen in the nation. thus jordan was probably there for jeffrey.