Father Fearless Leader

bonwich

That i've had some disagreements with how the administration has done certain things on campus.

that said.

Building complete men and women for others as leaders in service is an amazingly noble goal for an institution to set for itself, and I'm proud of the job SLU does. It's not what SLU teaches, it's how they teach it. This world needs social justice. It's forward thinking SLU grads that will provide it.

Did the story run in the paper just as it is online? I was shocked to see the "s" word meaning "excrement" in the story (not just once, but twice!). I thought that was one of the words that couldn't appear in mainstream media. Shoot, I don't want to see the Post-Dispatch become as filthy as the Riverfront Times.

While it may bother me just a teensy bit that the Rev. Lawrence Biondi may have used scatological terminalogy in a polite conversation, it bothers me a whole lot more that the website of the city's major daily newspaper didn't abridge the terms. I know many people talk that way in real life, but major media (newspapers, free t.v., radio, etc.) are supposed to be rated "G" when it comes to profanity.

bonwich,

Thanks for sharing the article, and great to see that Fr. Biondi has a sense of humor. I mean I rollled with the PeeWee Firmin take. Not too surprising to see the wit as that is the way I remember several of the Jesuits during my days at SLU.