Saturday in Columbia...

Made my first trip to Columbia yesterday for the Nebraska game. My buddy who came to visit is a HUGE Husker fan and had us wearing red. I'd seen photos of campus when I was looking at it for grad school and it was nice but it was nothing special. Kind of a typical public shcool campus but a lot smaller than I thought. I found Shakespear's Pizza rather overrated but I must say that Harpo's was the best college bar I've ever patroinized. The town of Columbia was OK, however I could also see why Mizzou students have been ranked the "Unhappiest in the country" by Princeton Review.

Mizzou fans, I have to give you props. Farot was electric all game. I've been to more than 30 Big Ten games in my life at 5 different stadiums and this beat any of those. Props also to Mizzou students who while celebrating in town afterwards were restrained and orderly and other than some comments in jest towards us wearing red (the best was "Nebraska makes Baby Jesus cry"). I also loved the cutting up of the goalposts outside of Harpo's. I may strongly dislike Mizzou basketball but I am a fan of Mizzou football after last night.

Best line of the night, however, was when the basketball team was brought out on the field between the 1st and 2nd quarter and I asked "where's Ricky Clemons?" A Mizzou fan behind me said "don't you see him? He's in the striped jumpsuit with those 2 armed guys standing beside him!"

As a law student I hope that you are learning to read the fine print: Billikens.com we don't care. Hey, what is the URL to the Marquette Board so I can post there how great the Wisconsin upset of Ohio State was yesterday? That stadium was rocking and the crowd seemed to be having such a good time.

A-Bomb I think we owe it to all the mizzou lurkers on the board who are so obsessed with SLU to occasionally comment on their pathetic football program and their scandalous basketball program.

that is a great point torch. we have seen recently that tigerboard spys are very concerned about our tiger thoughts and follow our conversations here trying to see that we do care about the tigers. thus it is important that we give spumac that needed recognition to feed their egos. afterall, just think how down they will all be by yearend when their greatest team ever is alerted they will watch postseason festivities on a florida beach instead of participating. at least they will have the peace of mind knowing that their walmart gift cerificates got them there.

Imagine the dry spell between wins at Columbia VS the Huskers. Heck, it was 1973 the last time the football program had tasted victory at Faruot Field against Nebraska. Think about that...many of the posters on this website weren't even alive then! While this was a nice victory for Ol Mizzou, they did not beat a great Nebraska team. They also don't get to celebrate too long either as they have the No.1 rated OU Sooners waiting for them at Norman, OK. It will be interesting to see the outcome of that game, as the oddsmakers don't like MU's chances...they are a 27 point dog in the early line.