6'6 Chaminade wing Alfred Nelson on rivals

>I just saw his name on the thread, wouldn't waste my time

>with his drivel...he's worse than Too. I think he is Too

>incarnate. Go to sleep, phan(s), past your bed time.

Time for your diaper change old man and then it's off to bed. It's getting late. It's almost 4:00.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt expect vtime to know the answer. and i was right. i was trying to point out that since leon powell is a superb athlete that slu coaches have seen numerous times, there must be an off court reason he doesnt have an offer yet. since vashon has a horrible academic reputation i am suggesting maybe the billikens want to see if leon can qualify first. many schools will only selectively offer a player without knowing grades, test scores etc. i believe it was posted here once that stanford for example, never offers a scholarship to an athlete unless they have already qualify academically.

of course we could just offer anyone regardless of academic record scholarships. of course then when the likes of nick kern or the two juco players that soderberg offered and then lost out on months after the deadline go away, i suspect that then all the brad haters will demand to know why we continue to offer scholarships to student athletes that are academically not qualified or at least in a position that looks like it is iffy.

>'Phan, I'm sure the readers of this Board would have a lot

>of interest in a list compiled by you. Could you please

>save us all a lot of time and effort and just list the other

>381 times.

>

>By the way, this joins posts # 36 & 38 as classless posts

>where you are incapable of writing w/o name calling. Did you

>just recently learn all these words and feel compelled to

>use them on Billikens.com since Mommy and Daddy won't let

>you use them around the trailer park.

Bauman,

I'm just going to "ignor" you. Remember when we debated last time and you went running scared into the night. You're not worth the panties you slip into every morning.

It's funny how you get upset with name calling and then try to insult me with your trailer park comment. What a hypocrite you are.

>i didnt expect vtime to know the answer. and i was right.

>i was trying to point out that since leon powell is a superb

>athlete that slu coaches have seen numerous times, there

>must be an off court reason he doesnt have an offer yet.

>since vashon has a horrible academic reputation i am

>suggesting maybe the billikens want to see if leon can

>qualify first.

So you would rather spread rumor and innuendo about Powell than state the facts? That's great Roy, real nice of you. Destroy the kids reputation by spreading rumors that he is too dumb to go to college. I hope him and his people don't read this board and see what a hater you are.

So it's okay to talk about Powell's rumored qualifying problem but when someone brought up Tommie's grades everyone went nuts. What a double standard. What a bunch of hypocrites.

where did i spread a rumor. i asked a question. i admit i dont know and vtime claims to be an avid follower and vashon insider and maybe could shed some light. i dont know the answer and never said i did.

your continued attempts to discredit folks on this board are always entertaining though. if only you spent as much effort trying to rationally discuss topics.

I'd like to send you on another mission-find the times I have needed to resort to names like used in most of your posts. Add that on to the "list of 381" you already owe us. I guess you won't reply to this since you are going to ignor my posts. It's hard to spar verbally with you "Phan-you're just too smart for us (or at least me).

>where did i spread a rumor. i asked a question. i admit i

>dont know and vtime claims to be an avid follower and vashon

>insider and maybe could shed some light. i dont know the

>answer and never said i did.

>

Broy said:

I didnt expect vtime to know the answer. and i was right. i was trying to point out that since leon powell is a superb athlete that slu coaches have seen numerous times, THERE MUST BE AN OFF COURT REASON HE DOESN'T HAVE AN OFFER YET. since vashon has a horrible academic reputation i am suggesting maybe the billikens want to see if leon can qualify first

Rumor = 1 : talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source

2 : a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Innuendo = 1 a : an oblique allusion : HINT, INSINUATION; especially : a veiled or equivocal reflection on character or reputation b : the use of such allusions

In keeping with perfect Roy form you keep dodging the question. So it's okay to talk about player's academic records now?

>I'd like to send you on another mission-find the times I

>have needed to resort to names like used in most of your

>posts. Add that on to the "list of 381" you already owe us.

> I guess you won't reply to this since you are going to

>ignor my posts. It's hard to spar verbally with you

>"Phan-you're just too smart for us (or at least me).

You don't need to resort to name calling. You're too girlie for that. You like to childlishly point out spelling errors like some smarmy grade school teacher. It's not a matter of you being able to spar verbally with me, you're just a wuss, plain and simple.

>i didnt expect vtime to know the answer. and i was right.

>i was trying to point out that since leon powell is a superb

>athlete that slu coaches have seen numerous times, there

>must be an off court reason he doesnt have an offer yet.

>since vashon has a horrible academic reputation i am

>suggesting maybe the billikens want to see if leon can

>qualify first. many schools will only selectively offer a

>player without knowing grades, test scores etc. i believe

>it was posted here once that stanford for example, never

>offers a scholarship to an athlete unless they have already

>qualify academically.

>

>of course we could just offer anyone regardless of academic

>record scholarships. of course then when the likes of nick

>kern or the two juco players that soderberg offered and then

>lost out on months after the deadline go away, i suspect

>that then all the brad haters will demand to know why we

>continue to offer scholarships to student athletes that are

>academically not qualified or at least in a position that

>looks like it is iffy.

It didn't stop Bradley from offering. I'm sure their coaches have done zero research. That's how they found a gem like O'Bryant.

Besides, the photo of Powell on this page says it all.

http://www.mubball.com/recruiting2.html

Gosh 'Phan, I was surprised to see your reply since you said you were going to ignor me. I guess you just can't do it. Good work on the reply-girlie, childish, smarmy and wuss are much preferable to your prior insults for many of the Board posters. Maybe Mommy & Daddy are monitoring your e-mail.

You are clearly out of my league so I will end this series of posts. You are "the best" as Mike Martz would say.

>I know you have said and others on this board have said they

>have seen Brad out at a lot of games. I'm sure BS saw a lot

>of Kevin Lisch's games over his four years at Althoff, as

>you did.

>

>But I find it strange that with the large amount of high

>school games I cover every season — this is covering the

>best teams and players in the St. Louis are, not the worst

>like tseugnekillib has suggested — that I've only seen him a

>couple times in three years.

>

>I did say he could be spending all his time at Linn High

>School or somewhere else. Maybe he's in the Pacific

>Northwest region recruiting Bigfoot to play power forward.

>He could be out watching a game every night — maybe even

>games that Kramer isn't playing — but I'm surprised I

>haven't seen him much in the last three years.

>

>We'll see what happens in the next few years. Soderberg's

>hard work with recruiting obviously paid off in getting

>Kevin Lisch and Tommie Liddell. If he's able to build on

>that with the next few recruiting classes, he'll have a lot

>of success and all of the Billiken fans will rejoice (led by

>VTIMe in his Dwayne Polk jersey). If he's not, he'll be out

>of a job.

>

>- Nate

darn right. If he does this right with the local players I'll be his best fan, if he continues to let local player slip away and bring in mediocre out of town talent, I'll be an unhappy camper.

i think it is ok to question if a prospective athlete that is only a junior in high school and maybe hasnt even taken the ACT test has indeed passed the test yet as it is an requirement to pass the test at a certain level to get into a four year university.

>i think it is ok to question if a prospective athlete that

>is only a junior in high school and maybe hasnt even taken

>the ACT test has indeed passed the test yet as it is an

>requirement to pass the test at a certain level to get into

>a four year university.

WHAT THE H*LL ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? Where did you learn English? You should really be a politician the way you try to spin things.

I think you said in the above statement that it is okay to question a prospect if he hasn't taken a test to see if he has passed the test he has not taken?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Which contradicts what you're saying here. Here, you are implying that there must be an off court issue. What a rat you are.

What you said was: "I didnt expect vtime to know the answer. and i was right. i was trying to point out that since leon powell is a superb athlete that slu coaches have seen numerous times, THERE MUST BE AN OFF COURT REASON HE DOESN'T HAVE AN OFFER YET. since vashon has a horrible academic reputation i am suggesting maybe the billikens want to see if leon can qualify first"

Be a man for once in your life. Please "decode" your answer here. What the heck does that mean????

Roy said: "i think it is ok to question if a prospective athlete that

is only a junior in high school and maybe hasnt even taken

the ACT test has indeed passed the test yet as it is an

requirement to pass the test at a certain level to get into

a four year university."

George Goode

Jarryd Cole

Will Bogan

Josh Harrellson

Leon Powell

Rolandis Woodland

Rahmon Fletcher

Alex Tyus

Marvin McNutt

Deandre Gilmore

Scott Suggs

John Brandenburg

Brett Thompson

Jared Swopshire

Jesse Perry

Kramer Soderberg

Anthony James

Torres Roundtree

Femi John

Ron Waller

First off, just because the player is a SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE high school basketball player does not mean he will be able to play in college. Sometimes I think that you just pick random names out of your favorite aau team and say that we should offer them. I have a couple of problems with your lists:

1st. For 2007, Marvin McNutt is highly doubtful to play college basketball. He exploded onto the college football scene and has many offer from high D1 programs. Why waste your time on someone who is not even going to play college bball. Secondly, 6'11 Will Bogan has already signed with Calipari's Memphis Tigers. This is a signing that no one saw coming, so you cannot fault Sodeberg. The dude has been playing organized basketball for 2 years. Don't get me wrong, I like big man projects, but at this time can Slu really afford another project? Again, why waste our recruitment time on a player that is clearly not coming here. Thirdly, Harrelson can be a beast sometimes but othertimes he looks clueless. The man needs to learn how to play basketball and not just how to be bigger than everyone. I have seen him play several times ( in person) and almost all of the times he picks up stupid fouls and loses his cool. Lastly, one name that you did not mention was Paul Eckerle. This is player whom you rarely talk about. A good shooter who loves to run and is athletic as Hell, sounds like a good fit. Oh Yeah, he is also ranked numbero uno is his class.

2nd. I will agree with you when you say the class of 2008 is loaded. But to include Ron Waller and Jared Swoopshire on your list is kind of idiotic. They will be decent D1 players but how many guards do you want? We can't offer every kid who has a basketball in his hand. Hopefully we can land Kramer and Suggs and be done with it. Also, to include Femi John on your list is laughable. The kid has a sweet name, but his game is not so sweet.

Lastly, when is the last time Torres Roundtree played an entire year? Everytime I turn around the kid is suspended for academic or personal reasons. I do not want that kind of repuation at SLU.

No Nate, my responses were simply informed rebuttals to your specific posts.

Hopefully, when your making big bucks writing regularly for the P-D, you won't consider every "letter to the editor" about your column as an unwarranted shot.

Nate, because you are a professional sports journalist I hold you to a higher standard when you post. Perhaps, that is a mistake on my part. Maybe there is Nate, the professional sports journalist; and Nate, the high school basketball fan.

(btw, your post this evening about the "St. Louis junior class", was very informative. I appreciate info on legitimate regional recruits.)

again, no one is saying he doesnt have grades. you and phan are the ones making that connection. i am asking the question about the act test which i suspect powell hasnt even taken yet. a big difference. but you guys like to twist the actual meaning of posts.

i am sorry you have comprehension problems phan. not much to add. you and your friend footsy are the ones doing the twisting.

>2007

>George Goode

>Jarryd Cole

>Will Bogan

>Josh Harrellson

>Leon Powell

>Rolandis Woodland

>Rahmon Fletcher

>Alex Tyus

>Marvin McNutt

>Deandre Gilmore

>

>2008

>Scott Suggs

>John Brandenburg

>Brett Thompson

>Jared Swopshire

>Jesse Perry

>Kramer Soderberg

>Anthony James

>Torres Roundtree

>Femi John

>Ron Waller

>

>First off, just because the player is a SLIGHTLY ABOVE

>AVERAGE high school basketball player does not mean he will

>be able to play in college. Sometimes I think that you just

>pick random names out of your favorite aau team and say that

>we should offer them. I have a couple of problems with your

>lists:

>1st. For 2007, Marvin McNutt is highly doubtful to play

>college basketball. He exploded onto the college football

>scene and has many offer from high D1 programs. Why waste

>your time on someone who is not even going to play college

>bball. Secondly, 6'11 Will Bogan has already signed with

>Calipari's Memphis Tigers. This is a signing that no one

>saw coming, so you cannot fault Sodeberg. The dude has been

>playing organized basketball for 2 years. Don't get me

>wrong, I like big man projects, but at this time can Slu

>really afford another project? Again, why waste our

>recruitment time on a player that is clearly not coming

>here. Thirdly, Harrelson can be a beast sometimes but

>othertimes he looks clueless. The man needs to learn how to

>play basketball and not just how to be bigger than everyone.

>I have seen him play several times ( in person) and almost

>all of the times he picks up stupid fouls and loses his

>cool. Lastly, one name that you did not mention was Paul

>Eckerle. This is player whom you rarely talk about. A good

>shooter who loves to run and is athletic as Hell, sounds

>like a good fit. Oh Yeah, he is also ranked numbero uno is

>his class.

>

>2nd. I will agree with you when you say the class of 2008 is

>loaded. But to include Ron Waller and Jared Swoopshire on

>your list is kind of idiotic. They will be decent D1

>players but how many guards do you want? We can't offer

>every kid who has a basketball in his hand. Hopefully we can

>land Kramer and Suggs and be done with it. Also, to include

>Femi John on your list is laughable. The kid has a sweet

>name, but his game is not so sweet.

>Lastly, when is the last time Torres Roundtree played an

>entire year? Everytime I turn around the kid is suspended

>for academic or personal reasons. I do not want that kind of

>repuation at SLU.

It only hurts to offer if he commits and has SLU thinking he's coming which he has no reason to do. If he wants to play football he won't commit to SLU and we'll have that scholarship open. As far as Bogan, he isn't signed. He's committed. He can't even sign yet. Again offering can't hurt you and just like Knollmeyer was committed and got released, so can Bogan. I've mentioned Eckerle before as a sleeper. I just wish he was a little taller. You ask me how many guards do I want. We lose 3 guards in 2008, so why not recruit some guards in class of 2008? Swopshire stands almost 6'7 and can play ther perimeter. He can be used in a lot of different ways. Femi John is shooter, with a smooth and very high release. Roundtree is a physical specimen who will be unguardable when he improves his range.