The Good News...

But the bad news for this Florida out of town Cardinals fan is that I understand that after only one week they are almost sold out for the season. I believe my family will have to bypass a St. Louis trip and see the Cardinals play the Marlins...with their fire sale I don't think tickets will be a problem.

Fellas,

Cards tix imo are pretty easy to get. Don't fret over the pre-season sales, and season tix.

You have to scalp and go in person...but prices are extremely low. Now, with new park...that may change. But I never once had a problem when in town and heading to Busch for tix. They were practically giving away Cards/Yankees tix for big summer weekend series....tix going below face value. This happens all the time. You should have zero problems going day of game. And I am not talking about paying anything more than the ballpark of face value...AND these are box seats we are talking about. There were box seats going for $10-20 bucks for people just trying to get rid of them. A buddy of mine also knows a scalper and gets tix any time he wants, face value or better.

Playoffs is another story entirely.

I NEVER have a problem getting tix in person day of game at Cards games....any type of seat you want...good to great prices.

Don't be discouraged. I don't enjoy the whole scalping deal...like anyone else...and usually I have tix already of some kind...but I have had to do it on occasion.....and I literally became convinced it was better to not buy Cards tix ahaead of time, just so I can go in person and get box seats....better seats....than just buying higher seats ahead of time.

I still have enough connections that I probably would not sweat it a whole lot. All it should take is a phone call or two. I do think the weekend roadie for a game in Miami is very doable early in the season. I know the girls can't get enough of that South Beach action, and it is OK by me as long as they don't spend to much money in the shops on Lincoln.

I do the same ... I think it will be harder this year ... you may have to pay face or a ittle over for the big games, but for ordinary weekday games I'll be shocked if you pay face value ... during the last few years I always get very good seats for about half price. If you want you can buy and sell a few sets and go for free. I've done it many times after I got tickets and then found better so I end up selling the 1st ones.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

It's not shall we say, Cards/Cubs in Chicago...where, if no connections, you have to pay about $75 or so...maybe less if you can pull it off around $50 or so. But the norm would be in the $75 range. Bleachers go for around that amount, and grand stand...top level box seats more...approach $100 plus. And this is a much easier ticket there than say an interleague Yankees, Red Sox etc...

You won't get a ticket there for Cards game under $50 without knowing somebody.

When I travel and go through this at some parks, I always think just how easy itis in the Lou to get Cards tix.

it would be interesting to find out how many baseball owners make money off ticket brokers. Yes while the cards tickets "sold out" ticket Brokers have them in abundance. The price drops the closer the game is, but whoever said it is correct, the tickets will be available gameday within blocks of the park.