When is SLU gonna sign 6'4 Sharp shooter Jeremy Sharpe?

VTIME

He's 6'4 incredibly long arms, and you cant give him an inch to shoot or he'll burn you up. Flat out the top shooting guard prospect in the area. If he had played for the right AAU team he'd be rated higher than Maguire. Probably the best shooter in the area and most underrated player.

I've seen Jeremy Sharpe play a few times, and while I thought he was a nice/decent player, I wouldn't really call him a D-1 prospect. Who knows, maybe a low level D-1 school will give him a shot, but honestly the only reason that I think he might look like a player is because he literally looks like a miniature Tayshaun Prince. Now, let me say that his game in no way resembles Tayshaun Prince, but in his build and face, he looks like Prince.

by all indications, stemler and maguire along with continued improvement from danny brown and kevin lisch from the outside will fulfill our "sniper" needs. what we need is the next anthony bonner to rebound and power back up the misses when the sniper's have off moments.

not really. shooters will always have off nights. but rebounding is a constant. in the st joes game, if anthony bonner is there to get 6 or 7 putbacks and is fouled on a couple others we are right in that horrible game.

second, we have expressed we want to be more uptempo, but to do that, we have to have someone that can rebound consistently and throw an outlet besides just ian, who btw will be gone in another 14 months and there is no replacement on the horizon.

last, brown and lisch are emerging. maguire and possibly stemler are on the way. it isnt like we dont have any candidates in the mix already.

>He's Long and wiry. Great hops and handles. Can he shoot

>the three!!!!!! Can he???? You bet. Eligibility may be a

>problem but I'm guessing he can qualify. If he isn't on

>Brad radar big time, Brad is no coach!!!!!!

thanks for coming with the reinforcements. His gifts and value are obvious.

I'm only about 6-2, but I have a pair of Doc Martins that make me look an inch or two taller.

I don't think I have any eligibility left, because I played some baseball in college.

As for Jeremy Sharpe, he is definitely a Division I talent and could blossom into a nice player for somebody. He's more of a streaky shooter than a sniper, but he is long and athletic and has potential.

That said, I don't know that he'd be a good fit for SLU.

- Nate

>I'm only about 6-2, but I have a pair of Doc Martins that

>make me look an inch or two taller.

>

>I don't think I have any eligibility left, because I played

>some baseball in college.

>

>

>As for Jeremy Sharpe, he is definitely a Division I talent

>and could blossom into a nice player for somebody. He's more

>of a streaky shooter than a sniper, but he is long and

>athletic and has potential.

>

>That said, I don't know that he'd be a good fit for SLU.

>

>- Nate

hmm, long and athletic, definitely division 1 and could blossom into a nice player for someone. Sounds like the guys we always pass on and then cry about not getting on this forum.

Hey, it worked for the Browns. He'd be so low to the ground that every time somebdoy dribbled ol' Eddie could zip right over there and steal the ball before the up bounce!

And don't forget about that Iron Knobber kid I've mentioned before. And Dwayne Polk is a shooting guard. Here's some questions to ask first VeeDoo ... do we have the kid's major? Can he qualify? Has he qualified?

If you're going to post names for the sake of names, so be it. But please don't be surprised when silence is your only answer. You got no cred. I wouldn't be surprised if Sharp was your cousin.

>Hey, it worked for the Browns. He'd be so low to the ground

>that every time somebdoy dribbled ol' Eddie could zip right

>over there and steal the ball before the up bounce!

>

>And don't forget about that Iron Knobber kid I've mentioned

>before. And Dwayne Polk is a shooting guard. Here's some

>questions to ask first VeeDoo ... do we have the kid's

>major? Can he qualify? Has he qualified?

>

>If you're going to post names for the sake of names, so be

>it. But please don't be surprised when silence is your only

>answer. You got no cred. I wouldn't be surprised if Sharp

>was your cousin.

Nate endorsed Sharpe as a definite division 1 player. I'm justified and supported in this case. Calm down, you're too hostile.

vtime, just remember, there are 340 divison one teams including sacramento state and prarie view, nate saying he is a division one talent doesnt mean he is a top 100 program player that could play in the a-10.

Sharpe has a tendency to well play in big games, (see the borgia game earlier this year) but then disappears in others, often against lesser opponents. Against Chaminade about 2 weeks ago he only had 5 points and they lost by 27. There are numerous other games where he has just dissapeared. Another example is his 10 point 5-17 shot performance in a lose to Lafayette earlier this year. Like some one said he is just to streaky to play for SLU.

I would rather save a scholar ship for Richard Rose or Marvin Mcnutt

>Sharpe has a tendency to well play in big games, (see the

>borgia game earlier this year) but then disappears in

>others, often against lesser opponents. Against Chaminade

>about 2 weeks ago he only had 5 points and they lost by 27.

>There are numerous other games where he has just

>dissapeared. Another example is his 10 point 5-17 shot

>performance in a lose to Lafayette earlier this year. Like

>some one said he is just to streaky to play for SLU.

>

>I would rather save a scholar ship for Richard Rose or

>Marvin Mcnutt

So what you're saying is he plays up and down to his competition. Sounds like SLU. SLU hung tough against UNC and GW and lost to bottom feeders of the A10.

What I would say is that if the kid's up and down in high school he ain't worth wasting a scholarship on at our level. Maybe I am too hostile but you're too fickle ... one game and you're giving the keys to the city away to some unknown. Your career recruiting from the stands will be an amazing one, of that I am certain.

In another post, was it the Griffey one .... you said he'd be "playing for money some day." Big deal. Because if you're counting Tel Aviv and Cairo and the NBDL, it don't mean much. The only playing for money worth a dime is in the league. In the past 30 years, the St. Louis metro area has produced who that was successful there? Bonner. Hughes. White. Stipanovich. Ellis. Miles. Lee. I'm starting to struggle now .... But even if you correct me and throw in antoehr 23 players, that would get the metor area up to one per year. Heck, throw in eight more and it would be one every two years. I don't think we can find that many. Would Hansborough count? I don't recall Poplar Bluff being in the general St. Louis metro area. Just doesn't happen that way pal.