Comedy on the Bernie board

ACE

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lane was more than just an advisor. He was a coordinator that had to make extensive phone calls (against NCAA regulations) to make sure his prize pupil who has not graduated from highschool can pass 24 hours in one summer. Don't be so naive to believe that IF Rickey did indeed cheat at Barton that Lane did not know about it.

you discredited her for no reason.

She has not made an accusations directly about Quin. The accusations she has made are about Ricky's activities. Thus far, two of her accusations (the choking and the receiving of clothes) have been proven correct. None have been proven incorrect. She is batting 1.000 right now. She has not missed.

I'm not trying to discredit her at all, don't read into it like that. I'm saying that for her, it's a hard case. I honestly feel bad for her, because she was put in such a horrible situation. Unfortunately, her allegations of Clemons receiving money, clothes, and cheating are all unsubstantiated. The one thing that has been proven (Ricky's domestic assault) has been punished, and that ws the right thing to do. I'm saying that if anything else is PROVEN, then punish and look down upon. Until then, it's all smoke and mirrors.

that Ricky Clemons or any student for that matter could cheat in a class and the coach, advisor or any other school official would know about it. Cheating is so rampant in colleges everywhere. I'd be shocked if NO ONE at SLU ever cheated...but proving it is very difficult...

He was going to check on Wash U's stance on accepting a transfer student, who took a correspondence course.

It really doesn't matter if you take one or seven correspondence courses. If you think correspondence courses are fraudulent because you can cheat easier, then you shouldn't allow ANYONE to take ANY CORRESPONDENCE COURSES.

AJ said: You don't really believe that Ricky Clemons or any student for that matter could cheat in a class without the coach, advisor or any other school official knowing about it. Cheating is so rampant in colleges everywhere.

Then in response to MUFAN2000's statement: Well, they'd know the classes, but that doesn't guarantee they'd know he was cheating.

AJ replies: Hit It On The Nail Again

You are unbelieveable AJ.

I meant to say that IF Ricky cheated, HOW would Lane know that he did cheat? Do you think Ricky would tell him???

I'm sure there are athletes cheating at all schools. In fact, I don't think I've been in many classes where I didn't see some form of cheating taking place and that includes graduate and undergraduate studies. DO YOU REALLY THINK STUDENTS GO AROUND PROCLAMING THAT FACT??

Fighting on the internet is like... oh well, we all know.

I enjoy both programs and don't kid myself into thinking that at either institution athletes don't get a little help getting in the door, let alone the tremendous support they have once they are in school. I've sat in a classroom with Jamal Johnson and Albert White, for example, and neither would have been in college if they couldn't dunk.

Both Jamal and Justin Tatum were literally special ed. kids. Don't know what either is doing now, but if either is making something of their opportunity at SLU, then that's great. But don't pretend that either had any chance at getting in SLU without their roundball skills. Same with Monte Large and many others at MU.

you know you make me sick. i never said anything like that. you want to lie fine, but dont drag me into your little webs of b.s. i never said anything such as "so long as a school is under suspicion of wrongdoing, they're guilty regardless of what the NCAA finds."

i said that if the ncaa sweeps such under the rug that the ncaa loses credibility. not even the same thing. if you cant debate a point without lying and twisting you arent worthy of further debate. go back to grade school.

until you apologize to this board for your totally unreasonable posts, as far as i am concerned you no longer exist.

You said "if the ncaa doesn't find mizzou guilty, than the ncaa has lost its integrity." Right now, there are allegations raised against Mizzou, and that's all they are. You have said that if they are found innocent of these charges, then they are still guilty, and the ncaa just blew it. If that's not saying allegations are proof of guilt, i don't know what is.

And as far as twisting things, I think most people (who aren't slu fans i suppose) seem to agree that you are the biggest "twister" in any discussion of college basketball in the state of missouri.

The real problem with most of these SPUMAC fans is not that they don't believe that the University cheated is that they really don't care. They finance a basketball program with the integrity of the University. Their priorities are in the wrong place. Does any reasonable person think that Ricky Clemons finished 24 credit hours at three schools in a matter of weeks? No, they don't but they don't care they excuse it because they can get away with it and have a winning basketball team. Not everything that is unethical is against the rules. I've also heard, "it ain't cheating if you don't get caught." Many SPUMAC fans will readily admit that they don't care about the infractions as long as the team wins. The rest are either naive or covering up. If you gave clothing to a player you gave clothing to a player. If you made phone call infractions you made phone call infractions. If you allowed a kidnapping batterer to play ball so you could win you did it. That is all true, substantiated.