Comedy on the Bernie board

ACE

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i didnt bring it up, mingo did. i just commented that it seemed like double standards that duane john was kicked off for pot and pulley was welcomed with open arms. i never said he smoked anything. both of those two threads are very comical imo. it has been very enjoyable debating these guys today.

Billiken Roy, did you say that EVEN IF the NCAA doesn't find any academic malfeasance occurring at Mizzou, THAT IS STILL NOT ENOUGH???

We're talking about the NCAA praising Mizzou for doing a THOROUGH INDEPENDENT investigation. Faculty members are included in reviewing Mizzou's program, some of which have a definite bias against Snyder.

You had me buying that Mizzou is inherently dirty, but all you have to back it up is innuendo and rumor. As I've stated before, I'll make up my mind on Mizzou when the NCAA rules on them. If they're clear of anything major, I'm willing to move on and support Quin.

as bonwich elegantly put it last week, the fact that clemons came to missouri with that god awful transcript and missouri accepted it is akin to academic fraud. and if the ncaa doesnt agree with that, then imo that removes all credibility of the ncaa investigation process.

we've already had that discussion and short of watching anyone actually do that in a 6 week time frame i dont believe it and i doubt anyone outside of the tiger fandom does.

It's my speculation that Lane Odom set up the schedule of 24 college hours for Ricky Clemons to get his associate's degree. I remember them not being worried about Clemons not getting his degree, even though they knew he had to pass 24 college hours during the summer. It probably did take extensive planning with school officials of Barton County, Southern Idaho, and BYU and Ricky. I believe that is one of the reasons why Lane Odom got reprimanded for too many phone contacts with Ricky.

HOWEVER, please correct me if Lane Odom did something wrong with providing Ricky Clemons a clear schedule on how to graduate. I would also like to know if it was illegal for Lane Odom to contact officials from three institutions to map out a strategy for Ricky to get his degree.

Now the NCAA has done a THOROUGH investigation of all three institutions and if they can't find anything, then we must move on. Now is it possible that Jessica Bunge might have done some work for Ricky at his place on the computer? Of course, but you could say the same thing about ANY STUDENT who takes a correspondence course. It's just something you can't prove. Now if Ricky didn't take his finals with a proctor present, that's another thing. BYU has already gone on record to say that Ricky Clemons did take the final w/ a proctor present.

THIS IS NOT ACADEMIC FRAUD and if it is, then disallow ALL CORRESPONDENCE COURSES... Did Mizzou manipulate the system? Yes. Did they commit academic fraud? No if the NCAA clears them.

somewhere that Barton did not have nearly as positive comments about Ricky and their investigation was still ongoing. I don't have the time to go find the article but the tone was not good. Don't go counting your acquittals before they are hatched.

Doesn't the 24 hours in themsleves make you question the credibility of Mizzou academics? Also, I don't believe anything will come of this. Mizzou administration is not stupid. Millions of dollars are at stake with these players. Somebody said it before, that the president of Mizzou is the most powerful man in Missouri. You don't get a title like that without knowing how to pull strings and make things so that they never happened or so that they seem on the up and up when they do happen. Besides, Mizzou being an institution that it is doesn't have to make decision based on ethics or valuse like a lot of private, Catholic, Christian schools, etc. My guess is we will never know. If something bad comes of it, then it's only a portion of what happened. I also beleive there are those out there, that have it in for Mizzou and no matter what happens people will cast a cloud over them.

the allegation of cheating by Bunge was made about Barton community college:

The NCAA has attempted to contact Jessica Bunge, the former girlfriend of former University of Missouri guard Ricky Clemons, apparently to discuss assertions she made in depositions and interviews with the Post-Dispatch. Bunge has alleged that someone within the MU basketball program routinely gave Clemons money, that coach Quin Snyder gave Clemons a large quantity of clothing and that she saw Clemons copy the answers to a test at Barton (Kan.) County Community College.

Thus, news about BYU means virtually nothing and shouldn't be taken as "proof" of any sort that the 24 hours are legitimate.

Bunge said a lot of things in a short span of time- and if they're correct, I feel as though it's a horrible stain on MU's character. Unfortunately, they're all very much hearsay and "her word against his" and that doesn't bode well for Mizzou detractors. If there's concrete proof, i'm not going to hide from it or say it's ok. I'm just not going to crucify MU for allegations.

in an earlier post that Lane Odom set up these classes for Clemmons to take, but now you are saying that Mizzou just accepted the credits and they are not to blame IF Rickey cheated. Give me a break. You can't have it both ways. If Ricky cheated and Lane was the one that set up the classes for him to take it might as well of been Lane taking the classes for him.

at this point. Nothing.

Bunge said Rickey chocked me. Rickey said he didn't do it. Quin said he believed him. Rickey later admitted he did it and was sentenced to jail.

Out of those three, who has the most credibility?

Bunge said Quin gave Rickey clothes. Quin has admitted to doing just that. Bunge again is right.

Show me one quote of Bunges (not a reporter's interpretation of what happened) that has been proven to be false.