Drjejaj v Lisch (plus VN issue)

davidnark

I didn't say you personally attacked me, I was making the point that these ridiculous debates lead to personal attacks because they drive people crazy.

For your information, I AGREED that Lisch should start over Drejaj. So what is there to disagree with? The stats I stated? They were stats, not my personal opinion.

>I didn't say you personally attacked me, I was making the

>point that these ridiculous debates lead to personal attacks

>because they drive people crazy.

>

>For your information, I AGREED that Lisch should start over

>Drejaj. So what is there to disagree with? The stats I

>stated? They were stats, not my personal opinion.

just breath deeply and then begin typing.

Neither of us were debating who should start or who is better, but rather the notion that those shooting statistics were truly representative of both AD and KL. I believe KL is a better 3-point shooter than AD right now so when someone says AD is a better 3-point shooter and shows me that in 4 games his percentage is better I have to agree with K-Shoe that those numbers are not good indicators of who is truly the better shooter. Before Kevin went 0-4 yesterday from beyond the arc and AD rattled one in, those percentages might have been skewed towards Lisch.

Ahhhhh, Kevin went 0-4. So what is your point?

I guess the lesson here is not to cite any statistics unless you issue a disclaimer when cited. Point taken.

In light of that, given the fact that I cited Kevin's 0-4 performance above, let me issue this disclaimer:

"The statistics cited above may not be statistically significant. Analysis has not been conducted to determine any t-statistics related to the derivation of said statistics. While the statstics cited may be accurate, they may or may not be indicative of the future. The author of this post makes no warranties with respect to such statistics, either implied or otherwise. Statistics may be misleading. Do not use statistics while operating heavy machinery."

Now we can all feel better.

billikan said,

"For those of you who are on the JJ bandwagon, he cannot play more than 8-10 minutes. I taped the game last night and watched it--the feed from Charter was horrible--and I concentrated on JJ when he was in. He made a couple of nice plays and got a rebound in heavy traffic but he also made several bad mistakes on defense, made some terrible turnovers and missed several of his shots. If we can spot him and get him to understand his limited role then he could play but we cannot live with the negative results that overshadow the positive like last night. When we get against teams who have more traditional 5 men I believe we will see Bryce as the first big off the bench to replace Ian."

billikan, my want for johnson is not as much as my want to get liddell away from the pf spot. especially on defense. i feel liddell's overall game is being compromised by having to battle with these huge guys. if not johnson, then put newborne or luke there, but liddell needs to be a guard all the time and then we get the benefit of his marvelous offensive talent for the entire game maybe. but he is just wearing down battling the opposing pf it seems to me.

Alumnifan is correct--statistically Drejaj has shot the ball better and stolen the ball more than Lisch this season.

KShoe is correct--four games only provides a very small population sample that may not yet be statistically relevant. (Kind of like how Mike Matheny hit .360 every April for the Cardinals.)

I tend to think that Lisch will finish with better shooting stats than Drejaj, but to-date the statistics indicate otherwise.

my two cents, keep in mind, about 5x (dont remember exactly) lisch has been put in the position to take shots as the shot clock rolled down or try to make hurried threes near the end of the game in an effort to try to catch up fast.

also, if you look at the overall shooting % numbers, kevin does have a better shooting % for all field goals.

the fact that kevin has perfect form and ball rotation and we still dont know when drejaj's elbow is going to sit under the ball and which direction the ball will spin when anthony let's it fly, if anyone wants to bet who will be the better 3 point shooter by season's end, (i get kevin) bring it on.

i believe billikenburg to be either a relative or a close friend from jersey of anthony. we should expect and respect a friend or relative to be loyal to the end and defend their friend/relative. i have no problem with billikenburg's stance.

You may be right about Tommie. We just need to have someone step up and fill that 5th spot--Ian, Tommie, Dwayne, Anthony and Kevin are a nice group but only 4 can realistically play at the same time except for small spurts. Let's hope that Danny, Luke, JJ, and VN can come around!

i also remember justin's couple of errors, plus he took a couple of ill advised shots imo. shots that would be much better served by one of our guards. i would rather have jj closer to the basket and be in better position for putbacks off misses. we need to close that gap on offensive rebounds between us and the opposition. equalizing that stat alone could have meant the difference in the milwaukee game. or at least made it close enough to change the texture of the closing minutes.

Theodore Roosevelt once said “The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything".

Their is one skill that every single player who has ever played the game has fully developed and tested, making mistakes. I know that sounds like a bit of an odd statement. But in life and on the court it is the hard cold truth. How you handle your mistakes will say a lot about what kind of player you really are. JJ should be given same opportunity you would give a KL or TL when they make a mistake.

i dont expect johnson or anyone else to play error free. i just think it is a little ridiculous to have him hoisting up 18 footers when we are getting killed on the offensive board in some of these games. when we are obviously sized challenged, you have to question that imo.

I guess I am one of the few that think Drejaj should be the starter over Lisch. I think Lisch could replace Brown as a starter if Brown doesn't start to show more offensively. Anyway reasons I have for Drejaj to start:

1. Senior leadership, it seems to me that he is a leader type while on the floor and I think he helps set the tone early in the game.

2. Tough defensively either on the ball or dropping down for the double team. Lisch also plays good defense so maybe more of a wash.

3. Runs the offense well, looks to get it into IV often as well as works to get open for the kickout. Also I saw a couple of times in the SIU game where he drove to the basket and got fouled when our offense was stalled. I guess this is part of that senior leadership and knowing the offense type of thing where he was able to pickup on this and make something happen.

Right now I like seeing Lisch come off the bench as our 6th man. Once he is in the game he seems to spark the team defensively at least. I also want to see Lisch on the floor at the end of the game because of free throw shooting, this is one place where Drejaj seems to struggle at each season. I do think that this teams needs an outside threat in the starting lineup, either Brown has to start hitting more or Lisch or Meyer.

As far as Newborne, I have no problem with this signing because he was signed at a position of need. We needed (and still do) immediate help at the 4 position and Newborne was the only JUCO we could get. Considering he is also the only non-qualified out of HS JUCO Brad has gotten, I find it almost more amazing that he is here and can easily overlook his shortcomings. Again his signing was for only 2 years and while not a starter for us, he is an important role player for this team. Now if any of your rec center players are 6'7" to 6'9" and have some eligiblity left, let Brad know.