Kevin's Dad

Is there much concern about Kevin's dad. He was pretty vocal at the Althoff games I attended and I always got the impression that he was "that dad" who harrasses/helps the coaches.

Maybe I am way off-base. I've never met the man, just seen him, and heard about him.

That being I love Kevin's game and what he can do for SLU.

slubbfan

Oh this is a great way to start the Lisch era....knock his dad because he didn't make the NFL hall of fame. Cripes, the guy was an ND quarterback and made the NFL...who on this board can put that on their resume? Let's knock it off.

The issue is how his dad might affect the team. We all had concerns about Slaten when his son was being recruited and how the father might cause discord among the faithful. Of course with a daily radio show he would be in a better position to do this.

But I have heard about father Lisch's behavior at games with his girls in the past has been difficult. Hope he tones it down here, and doesn't interfere in the workings of the team. Don't remember any such problem in the past for SLU with parents' interference.

mhg

Comparing KL's dad to Slaten is like comparing a speeder to a Attila the Hun. Slaten was out of control - he had to be removed from games and threatened with physcial removal if he did not cooperate. He was also suspended from games as punishment for his behavior - did that ever happen with KL's father? Finally, to expect a high school student to tell his father to knock it off is asking too much. In college, a player has much more freedom to tell a parent to cool it - those of us who have had college aged sons know the relationship changes to more of an adult level. I agree - taking a cheap shot at KL's father's football career is uncalled for. I think all this worry is much to do about nothing and is at best counterproductive. You can really tell it is the dog days of college BB - people are starved to talk about anything.

Boy things must be really boring in 'Billiken Nation' if we're obsessing about an incoming player's father. :)

I heard someone had some info on billiken gear available online, tailor-made to customer's request. Anyone know anything?

For what it is worth, He was also an outstanding BB player. Played with Joe Wiley's little brother Milt.

I believe Bill Schmidt the former BB coach and present AD at Belleville West was also on that team, but I am not certain. Maybe guest or Broy can help me out on that.