How many wins does Brad need

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ... in his mind he probably was, and in the media's mind. But I seriously doubt that anyone from SLU considered him a real candidate besides just stroking his ego

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

He was suspended one game for missing practice, and then he left the bench along with five other teammates during an on-court scuffle. He was suspended indefinitely and didnt return. One of those teammates was Andre Aarons who was redshirting and now plays for Kaskakia CC.

http://www.kc.cc.il.us/athletics/Basketbal...llMenRoster.asp

Kaskakia guard Chris Pirtle should be at the top of SLU's 2006 recruiting class. The guard with the 40 inch vertical, lightning quick crossover and unlimited range, will be a star for Kaskakia next year.

problack said, "Chris Pirtle should be at the top of SLU's 2006 recruiting class. The guard with the 40 inch vertical"

always has made me wonder why dwight stones didnt make it in the nba.

irons was only a candidate in his own mind. he was never considered for the head coaching job and isnt qualified to be a college head coach at this time.

it is laughable that anyone, even problack, would seriously consider anything that charile tuna said as credible.

Why isnt he qualified to be a college head coach. Over 800 wins. A national coach of the year award. A team that was ranked #1 in the nation for 3 weeks. Missouri Basketball Hall of Fame. He's as qualified as any high school coach in the nation to move up to the collegiate level. If he's not qualified, who is.

>Why isnt he qualified to be a college head coach. Over 800

>wins. A national coach of the year award. A team that was

>ranked #1 in the nation for 3 weeks. Missouri Basketball

>Hall of Fame. He's as qualified as any high school coach in

>the nation to move up to the collegiate level. If he's not

>qualified, who is.

Name the last high school coach who moved directly to D1 college and was a success?

It's a very short list.

Who cares about channel 5? No high school coach can jump to big time D1 program (or at least SLU) and succeed without any college experience. Name me 1 coach who has done that successfully? (I know you won't answer that, because you seem to be afraid to speak up when you know there is no good response). I think maryland might have hired a high school coach who failed, but I could be wrong.

Irons was offered a job as an assistant at Iowa State and he turned it down.

You really think that a team with mostly kids from the area would win a major conference? You really think that every kid in this area wants to stay here?

What AD would hire a coach with no experience. Look at what happened with Notre Dame and Gerry Faust?

Right now there's just McKinney. Are you happy. That's all about to change. Leon Powell is a 4 star player, Doss is 3 stars, Hill is 3 stars, they'll all play Div1 ball in a major conference. Gameface is starting to go to the big tournaments now, so they'll get the recognition they deserve. What public high school do you know that has major D1 talent? I know those Vashon kids routinely beat teams that have major Div 1 players. Some guy named Luther Head was a first round pick in the 2005 NBA Draft last Tuesday. Vashon managed to beat Head's Chicago Manley team by 29 points during Head's senior season. http://prepsports3.stltoday.com/basketball...vent104419.shtm

I guess Vashon didnt have any major Div players on that team either. Polk, Gordon, Kern, and McKinney all had major Div 1 talent, it just didnt work out. It doesnt mean the talent wasnt there. Coach Floyd Irons is not "Coach Carter." Thats why they made a movie about the guy because he did something extraordinary. He got inner city youths in a desolate environment to Div 1 college basketball.

SLU is not in a major conference, so I dont get your argument about a team full of area kids winning a major conference. A team full of area kids has been winning the MVC easily the last few years though. The A10 isnt much better and I have no doubt, they could win it with just area kids. It wouldnt just be area klds, Irons could draw kids from outside the area. He's one of the most well known high school coaches in the country. He was a coach at the Jordan Capital Classic in 2002. And to answer your question, I cant name a coach that went directly from coaching high school to being a college head coach. I think many high school coaches could go directly to college head coaching and do a fine job. Experience isnt everything. I know Irons could handle it.

you are quick to list the players that will make a difference in the future. but as we speak, it is coming out that the elder hill didnt make the academic grade and judging by vashon past history, i am willing to bet that more vashon "sure things" wont have the academics to make it as well. imo, you true vfans need to be demanding that the school change their ways academically and quit passing these kids through school without merit. it has long been the problem with vashon and appears will continue to be the case. but as long as all you fans talk about is basketball that wont change.

so you think the answer is to replace an A player with 2 B players with academic concerns?

laughable considering hill cant even get into semo academically and daniels is going to a juco because of academics. do you even understand how college works?