How many wins does Brad need

what is an honor student at vashon doesnt necessarily translate to collegiate academic success. tell me about their test scores?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

come back in 4 years and tell me where they are. putting them in position is like feeding them to the sharks if the academic work is really b.s. what are their test scores?

i dont know. all i know is that few ever graduate from college. and i have heard that honor students at vashon barely have the test scores to get into college. i was hoping with your great inside juice you could give us specific test scores so we could analyze if their is any proof that the "honor scores" might be somewhat "curved" due to it being vashon. which would bring us back to the point that vashon is not doing these kids any favors academically to get them ready for college.

the fact they think they are earning college prep like grades and arent would constitute b.s. not a knock on the student. that is a knock on vashon.

It's a shame hardworking students like Washington and Hill have to be ridiculed by people like you, doubting the legitimacy of their schoolwork because of some other kids who never took pride in their education. You have to put for the effort to be an honor student. Washington in particular is a 4.0 student and his father is a big influence in his life. His father can be found at every Vashon or Gameface event and keeps his son on track. He's one of the rare Vashon students who has a father in the home who cares about them. You cant underestimate the difference that makes in a child's life, while you knock the school system there are other factors that hinder kids from success as well. James Washington's sister Whitney is a pg and the star of the girls team and is also an honor student.

http://prepsports3.stltoday.com/basketball...overall277.shtm

i went back and reread my posts and i dont see where i brought anyone's name up. you are a true idiot.

i asked if you had the test scores of past vashon honor students. if washington indeed has a 25 or a 30 average ACT score then i guess i am not talking about him.

James Washington will again have a perfect year like he did 2004. The perfect season culminating in a 2006 state title and perfect grades culminating in..............

his graduation as Vashon Class of 2006 Valedictorian.

VTime,

Illinois authorized Wayne McClain to offer Kevin Lisch. Illinois was interested in protecting their ballhandling depth, and felt Kevin would be better than Jamarr Smith in that regard. Recruiting is a big roll of the dice, but Wayne has repeatedly given Brad kudos for getting Tommie and Kevin. In the end, Illinois wanted to keep the Peoria pipeline open(and Kevin wanted St. Louis.) Only the principals involved know timelines, but I think most SLU fans(excluding you) are happy where we now stand.

While some players develop as palnned and some flame out in college, I compare Wayne's creds(four time Ill. coach of state champion in 4A, father of Illinois POY, recruiting asst. coach for NCAA runnerup Illinois,) and your creds(Vashon grad, basketball fan,) and I must admit I favor Wayne's assessment.

This doesn't make you wrong, but your insistent drum beating for Vashon is becoming a caricature of good analytical thinking.

I have no ill will towards Johnny Hill or any other kid for that matter. I wish him the best.

However, I hear from very good sources that he hasn't qualified yet(I think that's public knowledge). Pending his final ACT result, he might Prop 48 at SEMO or he might go to one of the country's premiere JUCO programs.

the coach can keep him off the floor. No, he can't take tests for them, but he'd be doing a greater service to them by encouraging them to study.

What coach Irons did with Nick Kern was a joke. Kern wasn't going to qualify, so Irons made up a bunch of bad press about SLU to deflect the attention.

What I wrote was that Vashon doesn't have big-time D1 talent each year. I defined big time as one of the 6 or 8 big conferences. You've done nothing to disprove this. Yes, 17 years ago a couple of kids went to Kansas. UT Arlington and Cal-Fullerton are not big time.

JUCO is not big time.

Prove otherwise or cease using terms like "asinine".

Still rehabbing from gunshot wound last fall, as a result of a robbery attempt. Some fool saw him playing in the USBL and thought he was making big time money and tried to rob him. Shot Kern three times in the stomach. Heard he was at a Bonner league game yesterday and is planning on joining a team in a couple weeks.

What school outside of Oak Hill or one of the prep schools has big time D1 talent each year? Vashon was the first non-private, non-parochial school to ever be ranked #1 in the nation this past season. That program draws the best players in the area and consequently has won 4 state titles in the past 6 years and been in the title game 6 of the last 7 seasons. They were even able to schedule and play legendary high school star Lebron James. I bet they'll never forget the time they played against a guy considered the best high school player ever and they made a good showing, their only loss of the season.